Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Any opinions on LL OSFA or Bumgenius Freetime nappies yet?

(31 Posts)
Peaky1 Sun 14-Oct-12 12:16:14

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had used these types of nappies yet as the reviews are few and far between (...can't find any in fact). I have bought 8 LL OSFA with the offer already and I'm considering buying 10 BG Freetime after having a look and a feel in a nappy shop yesterday.

Peaky1 Tue 16-Oct-12 22:43:35

I wouldn't mind but I can't find the broken popper on the 16 nappies, just the line white popper that came out the washing machine hmm. I've got white, green and blue so I need to figure out which colour needs replacing.

VQ I was told to do a couple of quick washes initially to build up the absorbency of the nappies...

Peaky1 Tue 16-Oct-12 22:48:48

Oooh by the way, I've been having a field day on eBay! Won a couple of motherease riki wraps to go over the muslin folds in initial weeks (to mix with disposables as I play about with it all). Got a set of 5 size 1 LL bamboo nappies for future longer nights to try out and a rather cheeky tots bots teenyfit London theme nappy as my one-off couldn't-help-myself nappy!

My future victims are blueberry wraps in owl & giraffe. These will be on my Christmas list!

Do I need nappy rehab? blush

ValiumQueen Wed 17-Oct-12 09:17:28

There are a lot of poppas to check.

You only need to pre wash pockets once as neither bits are absorbent. It is bamboo that needs pre washing several times to reach maximum absorbency, about 10 times, but no need to wash that many times as you soon get to 10. Microfibre no difference in washing times and absorbency. Not sure about terry. Good you gave them a severe washing though as you found (or will) a broken one.

The London tots bots is cute. They had a jubilee range too.

I will be buying a fleece wrap soon as DD got blisters off her LL wrap last night. Thinking of selling them while they are still barely used.

You are doing very well. No need for rehab yet. You are being sensible and thinking things through, asking questions etc.

But then again, if this were a drug, I could be considered a pusher? Not a dealer though MNHQ honest, cannot part with them grin

Peaky1 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:15:16

Haha definitely a pusher! Well, a helpful suggester perhaps.

I've found the offending nappy and so will just email a photo of it to LL HQ and they'll replace that no probs.

Had a cheapy ebay one-size bamboo nappy arrive today (Dudeybaba). Light blue with owls on. I love it! It's so blinkin' soft! I hope it serves well when it's time comes around. Also my pack of 12 Muslinz have arrived from the nappy lady so they're getting a wash now. I suppose I should just keep putting the bamboo nappy in the wash whenever I do baby stuff to build it up that way.

Perhaps I should bring my nappy chatter over to the general nappy chat thread as I'm veering further away from the LL OSFAs more and more. However, will still be pleased to hear from anyone who has actually started using them yet to compare notes with others. smile

Peaky1 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:18:26

But oooh I should have said - ouchie at the blisters! Are those the 'bomb proof' wraps? I have only got a couple of small motherease second-hand ebay purchases so far (none arrived yet). I'm considering asking for bigger motherease and blueberrys for Christmas. You'll have to feedback on how you get on with fleece wraps. I assume they're covering bamboo nappies.

ValiumQueen Wed 17-Oct-12 16:37:36

Fleece to cover bamboo yes. I am hoping to make some.

Bomb proof LL wraps yes. Just bought 3 one life wraps off nappy lady to tide me over, as they were in clearance section for £3 each. They have poppas.

Make sure you do not wash the bamboo nappy with fabric softener. Probably best to just run it through with towels only, using a smaller amount of powder, and no softener. The towels will not likely be softer for it.

Blueberries for Christmas! On my list also!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now