This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

So what is in your stash then?

(20 Posts)
ValiumQueen Tue 16-Oct-12 07:05:57

I think the Alva ones are more adjustable as they have three poppas whereas my old Fuzzis have two. I would recommend getting just one to see what you think. They are very like the LL OSFA only bigger.

Ha ha, yes, the Cath Kidston shop is great! We're not that near to Bicester, but have a drive up there occasionally. They've added a lot of new shops since it first opened.

Do the Alva nappies have adjustable leg elastic like the Fuzzis? That is the main appeal to me, as well as the poppers.

ValiumQueen Mon 15-Oct-12 16:34:41

There is actually little difference between them and Alva baby 3 eBay cheapies tbh. Except the price and resale value.

Very jealous of your changing bag. I used to live within walking distance of Bicester Village, and there was not a Cath Kidston there at the time. Had I known it was coming, I would not have moved!!!

Just had a look at a You Tube video of the Fuzzibunz one size, and I really like the look of them! The problem I seem to have with some nappies is getting a close fit around the legs, so the adjustable elastic would be great! Nice colours too.

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 20:11:07

It is so much easier washing the shit out of a fuzzi. They are soon to be on their third child, and we're pre loved 7 years ago so they owe me nothing. They are like old friends. I know they do a OSFA fuzzi and also perfect size ones. Not sure how they compare to my old ones. I was watching a bundle on eBay that went for a fortune, so they are clearly classics!

I was hoping the OSFA did in fact fit all, hence the pink, but boy will not mind I am sure.

Ah I see, ready for the new one! 'Beloved Fuzzis' eh?! Might have to get one I those!

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 18:54:19

Never actually used BG or LL OSFA. Just saw videos on BG, and own LL OSFAs but too small for DD so put by for boy. They look lovely though, and are the same principle as my beloved Fuzzis.

Wow, 10lb 3! Bet you're glad she was a section! I already have some fleece liners, and some bamboo boosters (can't remember the brand), so might have to get some LL for nights. £30 for 10 is excellent.

I saw your posts on the other thread about LL OSFA. How do you find them? Are they less prone to leaks than BG? Just had a look on their website, just a shame the colour range is limited. I also prefer poppers, they seem to wear better.

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 15:08:25

DD2 was 10lb 3. Boy is likely to be bigger. She is now 50th centile on everything. No doubt the fat family arse will pop out at puberty.

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 15:06:46

If you 'like' the Little Lamb Facebook page, they have fairly regular offers. I paid £30 for 10 size 2 bamboo nappies. The nappy lady has had them fairly cheap recently too. They do need a fleece liner IMO. The one they come with does not keep them dry, but is lovely as a washable wipe. I probably prefer the tots bots bamboozle, but they are a lot pricier. lL bamboo boosters are good too.

Thanks, might have a look at Little Lambs then. I did the same with using disposables at first, both dds were CS. I got dd2 into cloth sooner though, as I was a bit more organised this time. Also, dd1 had an umbilical hernia, which meant getting a nappy to sit comfortably under this was tricky.

I don't blame you for waiting to potty train, mopping up wee is no fun, even less so with a large bump!

I remembered another reason why I don't like the Tots Bots wrap. In order to get a good fit around the legs, you have to wrap the sides over so much, it's then too tight at the waist. I find this to some extent with the Flexitot too, which is a shame, as it's otherwise a nice nappy.

It'll be interesting to see how the nappies I've got fit dd2, as she's 50th centile, but dd1 is only 9th! Dd2 (11 weeks) is currently in clothes that dd1 wore at 5 months! My arms are aching already from holding her!

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 13:26:26

I have not tried the blueberry on a wee bum yet, but it seems to go down quite small.

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 13:25:31

DS will be in the pockets, and I will use the tots bots bamboozles overnight. I tend to have big babies, so I am sure he will fit them fairly soon. I will have them both in disposables until I am fit enough to cope with the washables (section). I really like the look of the bimbles, but cannot really justify the expense. I will use fleece liners for boy.

The Fuzzis are pretty old, mostly bought pre-loved nearly 7 years ago. I had problems with them leaking, but that was because I used a fleece liner (totally unnecessary PFB worries) now I do not, and use bamboo boosters too if needing more reliability.

For nights I use little lamb bamboo with booster, or tots bots bamboozles, but have washed them ready for boy. I have 10 LLs which is more than enough for DD2. They are pretty sodden in the morning as she wee's so much, but never had a leak. She is wanting to be potty trained, but I cannot physically cope with that at the moment. I did have her in disposables at night, but they kept leaking.

That's interesting, I like the look of the Blueberry wraps, so may have to get one. What are you planning to use for ds when he arrives? (Congrats by the way!). I must say, I've been really impressed by our Bimbles, they're entirely fleece lined, so nice and dry next to dd2's bottom. We've not had a single leak, which is great. As much as I love our BG and Ittis, the leaks are annoying. Two parters seem way more reliable. I don't think the Bimbles will fit for too much longer, so need to decide what to move her on to. How do you find the Fuzzis? Are they the 'perfect size' ones?

What nappy do you use at night for your dd2? My dd1 is now 2.6, and potty trained for wees, but still battling with the poos (grrr!). I'm afraid we had to move on to pull ups at night for her, as she was getting sore from so many hours in cloth.

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 11:53:55

I have the same problem with the tots bots wraps, as DD2 sleeps curled up and had proper raw patches on her thighs.

I have one blueberry which is not far off being too small. It is my favourite, and I hope to use it with DS due soon. DD2 is nearly 2 1/2 and weighs 13kg, but with chunky thighs and slim waist. Being poppas it is great and soft. I use it alternate nights so may buy another. I also have LL bomb proof that are ok, but not fantastic.

I want to try making my own fleece ones for night, and am considering trying wool soakers for night also. I may buy a motherease airflow as have heard good things about them.

Thanks for justifying some new fluff!

Currently using Motherease Rikki wraps, which I really like, very reliable. However, the sides don't seem to wrap far enough round the front now she's grown a bit. Dd2 is currently in an XS, but I ordered a small, and it was higher in the rise (which I didn't need), but barely reached round at the sides, so I sent it back. I have a medium from dd1, but that's just huge on her.

I have a Tots Bots flexiwrap too, but the edge of the Velcro is so sharp, it was rubbing her tummy.

From dd1, I have a Thirsties wrap, which adjusts with poppers, and a Bummis wrap, which has Velcro. I don't remember having leaks with these, but only used them for nights, so can't really remember.

Dd2 hasn't grown into the night nappies yet, so I'm afraid we're using disposables at night for now (only 1 or 2 a night), as I don't want to ruin her fairly good sleep at the moment!

Do you have any wraps you particularly recommend? I think I prefer poppered ones, as they're softer at the front for small babies.

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 08:45:33

I think every new baby deserves a bit of new fluff as does mummy! I am guessing you would need more night nappies if nothing else. What wraps do you have, and how do you rate them?

More than I realised! Off hand, I think it's as follows:

25 Easy Peasy Bimbles (size 0), currently being used by dd2, age 11 weeks

10 Bumgenius Small AIO

10 Bumgenius One size

10 Itti Medium Snap in one

1 Small Itti All in one

3 Tots Bots bamboozles (for nights)

1 Medium Bitti Boo (for night)

1 Flexitot

Various wraps

Considering treating me dd2 to some new fluff of her own!

Dd1 is a tiny little thing, so never needed bigger than a medium Itti, whereas dd2 is looking to be a fair amount bigger!

ValiumQueen Sat 13-Oct-12 08:27:07

75 in total, soon to be in regular use with my two youngest. I am an addict clearly as I want more!!!

ValiumQueen Sat 13-Oct-12 08:24:57

I have two children, one in fluff, one who wishes she was still in fluff despite being six, plus I am due to have DC3 imminently, which I obviously used as an excuse to buy more fluff.

I have:

16 small Fuzzis
12 medium Fuzzis
12 large Fuzzis
8 LL OSFA
3 Alva nappies : tiger, giraffe, cow
4 tots bots easyfits

And for night time and longer trips out:

10 Little Lamb Bamboo size 2
10 Tots Bots Bamboozles, sized down in readiness for new baby

I use microfibre inserts for the pockets and have bamboo boosters for day or night

I have one blueberry in owls, four LL size 2 bomb-proof wraps, and two tots-bots size 2 wraps. I have 1 size 1 Mio Solo wrap.

I have a few bamboo terry nappies, some horrid pre folds and some old wraps that I hope to utilise to make my own trainer pants. I also have a one life and motherease that I plan to sell at some point. Unused as I do not like them.

I want/need more small wraps, and am thinking of branching into fleece and wool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now