This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Washable nappies for the whole night?

(21 Posts)
ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 20:49:08

Little Lamb regularly do offers. If you like their Facebook page, you will be able to see them. I got mine for £3 each, and wraps for £4. You do not need many wraps. They take a long time to dry though, and a fleece liner is good as helps reduce the dampness of the skin. I have bamboozles too and use them for longer trips out. They are less bulky, bit also dry slowly.

dreamingofanallotment Wed 26-Sep-12 20:41:20

Thank you all, lots of really useful replies.

I can see why we've been struggling with the Easyfit nappies if even tots bots themselves don't recommend them for night time use! Wish it I'd known that before I bought them and I could've been a little more prepared.

I like the look of the bamboozle stretch nappies and the little lamb bamboo ones - we hadn't looked at any two part nappies but they look really good. (My husband has also just said we've been offered some second hand washable nappies from a girl he works with...so I'll wait and see what she's offering before I spend out any money!)

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 20:30:35

They are still soggy granted. I boost them too. I am working on the perfect liner.

Chocolateporridge Wed 26-Sep-12 20:26:15

I used bamboozles and they didn't leak but just felt really horrible and soggy by morning so we switched to an Aldi disposable at night and they're fab!

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 20:24:20

I found disposables did not last the night after a while, indeed this was one of the reasons I came back to cloth. The bamboo nappies are fab. I think LL bamboo are marginally better than bamboozles at night. Have not had a single leak, and it was a weekly occurrence with disposables. The nappies are much more absorbent now, despite pre-washing.

Chocolateporridge Wed 26-Sep-12 20:17:54

I cheated and used a disposable at night! Saved a lot of hassle and I didn't have to worry about a soggy nappy waking her up.

Kelbells Wed 26-Sep-12 20:12:37

I've been advised by both totsbots themselves and the nappy lady that easyfits aren't a good choice as a nighttime nappy, both suggested bamboozle stretchies (nappy lady suggests a motherease rikki wrap with them) as they're really absorbent, I don't see why a little lamb bamboo wouldn't do a similar job too...

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 19:23:03

There seems to be a pattern emerging with easyfits and sore bums. Interesting. I too can only get a couple of hours out of one, if that.

Sorry for being a dope - you use fleece already!!

We had lots of rashes and redness with dd - until we packed in the easyfits. And we never used them at night. All fine now and last night she went 14 hours in her tots bots shaped terry no problems.

Different nappies suit different bottoms it seems. Maybe try large fleece liners before ditching them?

I'm lucky to get two hours from an Easyfit, certainly wouldn't do 8 month old ds all night. I use a Bamboozle with an extra liner and a motherease or blueberry wrap.

Very rare that he's damp by morning despite still having nightfeeds.

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 18:39:46

Ooh rocky I will look out for that too.

RockySpeed Wed 26-Sep-12 17:36:34

Also try cjs bottom butter (think that's the name) totally safe for use with cloth and very soothing...

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 17:07:18

I thought the silk ones were pretty rubbish too. And a bugger to wash. I used them a couple of times and noticed no improvement, but obviously others may like them.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Wed 26-Sep-12 17:00:24

I would use a bamboo nappy - I like Bamboozle stretchies. The silk liners are v expensive.

The silk liners are Disana I think.

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 14:55:13

Perhaps the easyfit lining and the fleece are fighting each other and keeping her bum damp. You could try just one bamboo nappy like LL with fleece liner? My DD gets a red bum with the easyfits on their own. Not sure why. What lining has the easy fit got as they vary.

dreamingofanallotment Wed 26-Sep-12 09:41:40

Hadn't come across silk liners, or suedey type ones, will definitely give them a go. Thanks!

SarryB Wed 26-Sep-12 09:24:39

I use microfleece liners, that have a suede type top layer, this helps wick the wee away from LO's bottom, so his bum stays dry. He is 5 months old and his last change is at 11pm, which lasts until 7am. Then I give him about half an hour of nappy free time to air his bottom.

Have you tried the silk liners? (not an expert, just a thought)

dreamingofanallotment Wed 26-Sep-12 08:26:24

I'm currently having to get up to change my little girl's (4.5 months) nappy every night when she first wakes at 2ish. We have no leakage problems (which are generally the responses I got when I googled washable nappies at night) but she ends up with a red bum if left in the nappy all night. No problems with rash or redness during the day - I'm guessing as she's changed regularly.

Now, I might be jumping the gun, but I'm dreaming of the day she sleeps through the night - what can I do to make her nappy last all night and not make her red? We currently use the Tots Bots Easyfit nappies and use a fleece liner too.

Ay recommendations for nappies that would absorb more away from her skin? (Apart from pampers and their magic 12 hr dryness!) I really want to try and avoid disposables if possible...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now