This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bumgenius Freetime - liners?

(7 Posts)
WhoWillDoMyHoovering Fri 21-Sep-12 21:09:42

Could any Bumgenius gurus out there advise me on what liner to use, if any, with the Freetime? I've heard it's better to use one for ease of catching & disposing of the poos. However, when I tried both a paper and a fleecy liner they both just seemed to trap moisture quite badly. So I've been going without a liner, but have avoided poo'o'clock (put back in disposables) until I sort this out! Does it stain terribly without? As you can tell, I'm a reuseables newbie! Thanks....!

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Sat 22-Sep-12 12:46:28

That doesn't sound right about the fleece - they act as a fairly dry layer. I use fleece liners with my Freetime without any issues. You're not folding it, are you? If you double the layers of fleece it cam act as water repellant rather than allowing the moisture to pass through.

TribbleTuckandDismount Sat 22-Sep-12 12:50:15

What fleece liners are you using? I've been using little lamb ones (because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to make my own) and they've been fine.

Otherwise I've used totsbots, little lamb and mio paper liners with no issues.

WhoWillDoMyHoovering Sat 22-Sep-12 20:49:47

Wicket no, not doubling up. It just felt a bit 'humid' perhaps this is just in comparison to the disposables though?

Tribble the fleecy ones don't have a name or make ?? they're just fleecy rectangles, they don't look anything special and the paper ones I have are called Softy Nappy Liners.

Is it advisable to use the liners (as you are doing) then?

TribbleTuckandDismount Sat 22-Sep-12 21:02:01

Who I don't think fleece stays dry as well as a disposable does, we've used both and fleece keeps his skin dry but it can be a bit humid as you say. Perhaps she'd just weed? FWIW, my ds has been in fleece lined nappies for the past two years nearly and its never seemed to bother him.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Sun 23-Sep-12 05:12:24

Yes, a wee bit humid sounds right - wet doesn't.

WhoWillDoMyHoovering Sun 23-Sep-12 09:09:54

Thanks VM Tribble and Wicket. I think it sounds okay then. It was only probably only tiny bit damper than the disposables, and therefore just fine (and she could have just weed too!) I will continue with them ... advice much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now