Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

someone please motivate me to carry on using my reusables

(7 Posts)
SarryB Sun 09-Sep-12 20:16:12

I use disposables at night at the moment. Don't stress out - just use them during the day if you want to. No one is going to judge you for not using them full-time.

ShortMama Mon 03-Sep-12 22:40:47

I had a bit of a "do I really want to keep doing this" moment and then realised it wasn't cloth nappies I was fed up of, it was nappies in general, and that aint about to change! So I got some bright fleece from a fabric store and made my own colourful fleece nappy liners and it made me feel happier about my nappies. Silly I know smile

For night - have you tried putting your booster outside the nappy, between the nappy and the wrap? Also use a fleece liner at night as you get more of a "stay dry feel" and I'm sure it helps my LO sleep better, she hates a flushable liner at night but in the day doesn't seem to mind them.

ValiumQueen Mon 27-Aug-12 17:56:11

And keep a record of how much you spend on nappies, cream, wipes etc, how many leaks, episodes of nappy rash etc grin

brettgirl2 Mon 27-Aug-12 17:42:05

Chill out woman, disposible nappies are not addictive grin. Just wait till your bin is full of two weeks worth of shit and you'll feel differently.

ValiumQueen Mon 27-Aug-12 12:12:04

ilike please give yourself a chance. You are under a lot of pressure at the moment, and are merely taking a disposable holiday. DC3 is due soon, and will be in disposables until I am in a routine with feeding, and recovered from my section, as will DD2.

Likening it to smoking is silly as we all know it is washables that are addictive!

As to night time nappies, I really like Little Lamb bamboo, extra boosted, with a proper fleece liner. DD2 never complains about feeling wet, and her nappies are drenched in the morning. She could wee for Scotland.

trix377 Mon 27-Aug-12 07:47:50

I use cloth in the daytime & disposables at night. I can't get my booster combo quite right for overnight so end up with a wet baby. He doesn't sleep great anyway so anything to avoid waking him up gets my approval.
Once he is sleeping through, I'm going to start experimenting again.
Stick with it as best you can - anything is better than nothing!

ilikedrivinginmycar Sun 26-Aug-12 22:18:04

baby is 4 months we have recently moved house. I am extreamly unsettled and out of routine and coming to terms with having stairs. I caved in today a brought a packet of lidl nappies for the night time. This is how I started smoking again...just one a day and before you know it your full time again.

I use a mixture of tb, ll & tb bamboozle strechies. However I am sure being wet is waking up my baby even though I use a 2 parter at night. I have found reusables fairly easy not too much of a hassle leaks are rare and I never run out. I just fear I am on a slippery sloape and they are gonna end up on ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now