This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Sangenic nappy bin- how the feckin feck do I use this contraption?

(10 Posts)
wrok Thu 07-Feb-13 19:31:08

we are also using www.sametic.eu - great cheap solution...

MoetEtPantsOn Sun 02-Dec-12 11:05:06

I loved mine. Did it come with instructions? Use it once correctly and you'll be grand.

As firawalA said, gently pull edge of plastic bag covering out of cartridge. With my one, the covering needed to be coming out of top of cartridge and pulled through middle so that it covered the cartridge. Then tie knot at bottom. Put nappy in on top of knot. Then twist handle until you can't see nappy any more. Brilliant. With a young baby you will need to change it often enough that it won't smell. I now have a toddler so don't use cartridges but it contains wee smells for a couple of days easily.

SJisontheway Fri 30-Nov-12 10:07:34

They seem to be universally hated on mumsnet but I find them handy - but mine lives under the changing table in the downstairs bathroom. I wouldn't keep it in a nursery.

vanapiskota Fri 30-Nov-12 10:01:36

We bough only original Sangenic bin and we refilling the original cartridge with foil from shop: www.sametic.eu/en/ They send to whole EU, maybe to other countries - let's write them ;)

arthurfowlersallotment Tue 21-Aug-12 17:07:31

It's in the bin but I can fish it out and will try that.. Thanks!

firawla Tue 21-Aug-12 17:01:21

have you actually already chucked it? cos what you do is pull the green bag material through the cassette then gather it together tie it in a knot and hook it over one of the hook thing inside the nappy bin then u put each nappy in and turn it to lock each time.
i find them quite good although everyone on here seems to hate them

arthurfowlersallotment Tue 21-Aug-12 16:58:55

Thanks grin I've chucked the thing in the bin. Useless bollox of a thing.

Indith Tue 21-Aug-12 13:34:42

Freegle it. Put nappies in normal bit using a sack for poo ones. Or use cloth grin.

DrSeuss Tue 21-Aug-12 13:27:05

Put it in the bin and get nappy sacks, 50p a pack, and a bucket with a lid! Those things just jam up and then you have to get to remove dirty nappies from the mechanism!

arthurfowlersallotment Mon 20-Aug-12 21:56:25

I was given a Sangenic nappy disposal thing by a friend- no instructions. I've been trying to figure out how the fecking thing works for the last hour to no avail. There's a cartridge in there. Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now