Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nappy changing advice welcome!

(12 Posts)
Cee3008 Sat 06-Oct-12 13:00:58

We foolishly forgot to point our DS's 'hose to his toes' which caused a ton of leaks...

glub Wed 05-Sep-12 22:31:50

also the sizes are really generous smile

glub Wed 05-Sep-12 22:31:25

i realise you posted this a while ago but i must say i always had this problem with pampers and also huggies to some extent. i will (through two differently shaped children) always maintain that pampers really are rubbish. i would suggest you try lidl nappies. they're not messproof but loads better than those two big brands.

IfElephantsWoreTrousers Tue 14-Aug-12 23:17:03

I threw away the packet of huggies I bought pre-giving-birth for the hospital bag as I had exactly the same experience. I switched to pampers for thr first 10 weeks, then went over to supermarket own-brands once DS was big enough to go in a non-newborn size.

MiniPopsMum2012 Tue 14-Aug-12 23:08:33

Another vote for pampers here, my little one is 8.6lbs and in size 1 newborn pampers, they seem to have more filling than huggies to soak it all up (in my experience) smile

HeidiHole Fri 29-Jun-12 17:15:18

I have a 5 week son and we had this same problem. Solution? Step away from huggies!! God they were crap every one leaked like you describe. Pampers fitted our son so much better.

I appreciate that huggies must fit SOME babies. But not ours and it sounds like not yours either. Try huggies. Good luck! AlsO make sure that nappy is up over belly button at front and back. Don't put it on low slung like a hipster. If it doesn't sit over belly button you may need a bigger size

Graciescotland Fri 29-Jun-12 17:00:50

Of course once I figured that out DS started with power poos which would leak out the top anyway hmm, good luck!

Graciescotland Fri 29-Jun-12 16:59:20

I'd second what domestic said about going up, that way the nappy sits higher up the back.

DomesticDisaster Fri 29-Jun-12 16:55:06

I've always found that if nappies were leaking I went up a size and this really helped. I see you are thinking that maybe the nappies are too big but I would think maybe they are too small. What about size 1 instead? Also, in my limited experience (one of each!) I found that boys are far worse than girls for leaking - hope this helps.

LouAndBabyAaron Sun 24-Jun-12 17:08:35

Thanks for the advice - we'll give pampers a go and see if that is any better. But like you say, maybe his legs are just too small at the moment.

sabbby82 Fri 22-Jun-12 21:40:26

I had the same problem for the first couple weeks.. I was changing everything many times throughout the day. It got better once his little legs got a bit bigger, we used pampers new born. Have you tried other brands? Some seem to work better for different babies.

LouAndBabyAaron Fri 22-Jun-12 21:34:32

Hi all,

My little baby is a week old and this is my first child. Everything seems to be going relatively smoothly apart from nappies! For some reason when he does a wee, it seems to manage to go around the back and manages to leak up above the nappy onto his back. We are getting through nearly as many clothes as we are nappies! Does anyone have any good tips on how to stop this happening? I try and get his willy down rather than pointing up when in the nappy. He's only currently 8lbs and i'm using the huggies new born nappies, do you think they could still be too big? Any tips appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now