This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Would anyone be interested in a general nappy chat thread?

(1000 Posts)

I can't be the only one with a bit of a nappy obsession.

Can I? [confussed]

blossombath Mon 30-Jul-12 16:30:22

Oh congratulations LookAtHerGo, how exciting. I would love to have twins, even though my DH says we can barely cope with one at a time. And a wonderful excuse to buy lots of cute newborn nappies smile

Valium I use bumbles at night, boosted with a variety of boosters with a motherease airflow wrap. However I also just got a Real Easy nappy from Hip Hip Baby (on advice of this thread) and found it good for night, too. The medium is a bit big for my LO so I can get an extra booster in, though the sewn in ones are pretty good anyway.

I'm just back from a week away by the sea and all my nappies are pristine white from drying on outdoor lines in the sun. Seems a shame to put them on again. Have also nearly sold my ebay items so have approx £30 to spend on new nappies now...deciding between Wizards, Real Easies and Thirsties. Anyone care to help me decide?

ValiumQueen Tue 31-Jul-12 11:20:57

My head is buzzing as there are so many to choose from now!

I have bought ten Little Lamb Bamboo nappies in size 2 via a special offer, plus ten bamboo boosters and 4 wraps. I have done the pre-washing, and am waiting for them to dry. I think the drying will be the issue. The Fuzzis dry so quickly. The wraps are described as bomb proof. I have put two nappies in the dryer with other clothes as I want to use them tonight.

My initial thoughts are that drying will be an issue, they smell a bit funny but the instructions said not to use powder, and they are bulky. Very soft though, and look pretty absorbent. The fleece liners are scrummy! I hope they stay that soft after washing. DD2 wanted to put them on as soon as they arrived, and cried when they went in the washer, so I hope she will like them as much tonight. I plan to use them overnight with an extra booster. Very excited.

Off to read the thread in its entirety.

ValiumQueen Tue 31-Jul-12 13:22:19

blossom I think I would go for Wizard Duo. If you find a good offer I would be interested in the link. They are pricy, but I guess they are still fairly new. The prints seem fairly limited though. I can only see two, plus white.

ValiumQueen Thu 02-Aug-12 15:45:46

The blueberries are lovely. Just ordered a cow print one. Am I the only addict here? My name is VQ and I am a nappy addict.

Wants3 Thu 02-Aug-12 16:06:32

I have a 10 week old and have been using gnappies for 9 weeks. They have just bought out a union jack wrap which I am resisting ATM! I have a White tots bots that I use occasionally but DH doesn't like the nylon feel. What is similar but softer?
I do not know anyone in RL that uses reusables so can I be in your gang?smile

ValiumQueen Thu 02-Aug-12 16:08:42

Hi wants it is a bit quiet here at the moment, and my experience is very limited. The union jack wrap sounds fab!

ValiumQueen Thu 02-Aug-12 16:11:39

Twenty quid and sold out <<faints>>

Wants3 Thu 02-Aug-12 21:58:10

I love my cheeky wipes. We have had no nappy rash at all using cloth.

Wants3 Thu 02-Aug-12 22:00:20

Valium that makes my decision then!

Belmo Thu 02-Aug-12 22:21:20

Ooh me please! Has anyone's baby grown out of birth to pottys?! We've been using motherease and tots bots, very happily, but at eleven bloody months she's grown out of them! Not sure what to look for next, and can't really afford to buy new. Might have to put the baby on a diet.

ValiumQueen Fri 03-Aug-12 13:46:09

belmo the Tots Bots website say the birth to potty nappies are so of most babies, but not all. It does seem odd that at 11 months she has grown out of them, but it could be she is waiting on a little growth spurt and will fit in them very soon. Is she very large in the bottoms or thigh or tummy department? Is it perhaps that you just do not like putting them on tightly? How about emailing them? Have you tried any other nappies?

My DD is 2.3 yrs old, and weighs 12.5kg. I have just bought Little Lamb Bamboos and they are plenty big enough. The tabs meet nicely in the middle, and she has a fat bum (family trait)

After seeing your post I have spent the last two hours researching totsbots nappies. I quite like the look of the easyfit ones.

Kelbells Fri 03-Aug-12 18:03:13

Oh dear, my little one doesn't arrive until October but I've already got obsessed with cloth nappies! I have a massive stash consisting of teenyfits (incompetent cervix so good chance he'll be early), easyfits, bumgenius freetime, bumgenius organic, little lamb cotton, little lamb bamboo, bamboozles for nighttime, extra bamboo boosters, motherease and blueberry wraps, terry wipes, bamboo wipes, homemade fleece liners and wipes from an old blanket, little patch wet bags (check them out if you haven't seen them, they're gorgeous!). Some of them are preloved, a few are new or washed only... I have been sourcing offers and cheap ebay buys..... I really need to stop now otherwise I'll spend the same on these as I would disposables!!! But can't stop looking at reviews and forums! God help me! Anyone else obsessed???? hmm

Kelbells Fri 03-Aug-12 18:07:27

P.S Bumgenius Organic on offer: £10 instead of £17.95 at fluff heaven at the moment... They seem to have awesome reviews wherever I look... Does anyone have any experience with these?

ValiumQueen Fri 03-Aug-12 18:10:49

kelbells I thought I had a problem grin

Kelbells Fri 03-Aug-12 18:27:49

Oh dear grin <scuttles off to find a counsellor in the yellow pages>

ValiumQueen Fri 03-Aug-12 18:57:36

I wish I had bought more in the little lamb sale. Really pleased with the bamboos and want microfibre now! Now I say!

Belmo Sat 04-Aug-12 08:40:57

Valium she's 13.5kg! And most of that is in the thighs! I think she'll quite possibly grow back into them when she starts walking, so I don't know if I should get bigger nappies or just stick her in disposables for a bit. You're probably right about not wanting to put them on too tight as well. I've had a google and Real Easy nappies look brilliant for v fat babies, just need to hope someone wants to sell some second hand!

Belmo Sat 04-Aug-12 08:42:39

Wow Kelbells!

ValiumQueen Sat 04-Aug-12 09:16:12

Wow belmo I think your DD will be back in them once she is walking and slimmed out a bit. I have no idea how much mine weighed at that age as she was last weighed by the midwife, and last week when I was looking at double pushchairs. I would buy a few bigger nappies, quick drying but not too many so wash daily, otherwise it would be a big outlay. How about terries as a cheaper option for a while? If you go to disposables, it may be easier to stay in them, which would be both a shame and expensive. What size clothes is she in?

ValiumQueen Sat 04-Aug-12 09:19:33

Tesco points can be used for nappies in the exchange. There are Tots Bots stretch bamboo ones, and you could then get a couple of funky blueberry wraps, but the bamboo would need tumble drying possibly.

ValiumQueen Sat 04-Aug-12 13:35:39

Exchanging the vouchers online took ages and I was in tears as it kept crashing and then I kept getting my password rejected then my address etc etc. Grr! Anyway I now have on the way to me two mini packs of tots bots bamboozle stretch in size 2 which each have five nappies and a wrap in, plus four easyfits - three pretty flower ones and one while one. Again size 2. 14 nappies for £70 worth of vouchers. Not bad I reckon. Hope they are good. Hope to send DD to nursery with the easyfits and use bamboo when out and about and at home.

ValiumQueen Sat 04-Aug-12 13:41:27

kelbels what blueberry prints did you get? I have a cow on order.

Kelbells Sat 04-Aug-12 14:48:32

VQ What an awesome deal! Worth the hassle by the sound of it! Wish I hadn't spent all my tesco vouchers... Wasn't aware of the double points for things!
I actually received my blueberry coverall just this morning, it's the giraffe print - seriously cute! I'm coveting the cow print... (And the owls)... So very jealous but will hold off from getting another one until I see how well it stops leaks.. I hear they can be a bit style over substance vs the rikki... But sometimes style just has to win! grin Do the covers need washing before use or can you just chuck them on?!

Belmo grin Have you thought about asking the nappy lady for advice on the fitting of the tots bots/motherease? I've found her really helpful and super knowledgable each time I've asked for advice, I think she's pretty much seen it all grin

ValiumQueen Sat 04-Aug-12 15:15:11

The wraps do not need washing before use. I have heard wonderful things about blueberries so I hope it is good. I will let you know how I get on. I will be having my baby last week of october as will be an elective section. I think I paid £11.50 for the cover.

I have a girl in nappies and expecting a boy so have to restrain myself with the pretty ones as you cannot put a boy in a pink flowery nappy. My girl will hopefully soon be potty trained too. All my nappies are pretty much birth to potty and as the wraps do not need to be washed after each use I can get less but get nice ones IYKWIM.

Wants3 Sat 04-Aug-12 15:54:52

Ok, I am still assessing my nighttime nappy situation. Do I go for a few tots bots easy fit (using Tesco vouchers )or should I just go for some fleece boosters to put in the gnappy? Also if I go for the bamboo tots bots do I have to buy TB covers? TIA

This thread is not accepting new messages.