This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Would anyone be interested in a general nappy chat thread?

(1000 Posts)

I can't be the only one with a bit of a nappy obsession.

Can I? [confussed]

NumptyDumty Fri 09-Nov-12 19:08:19

Hey guys not been on here in a long time! Not read the rest of the thread but mio solo are doing free for postage with the code ed11 so will only be 4.95!! BARGIN!
Hope everyone is okay, shall read the thread while baba is having some dinner smile

LeBFG Tue 13-Nov-12 08:38:55

You guys have dropped off my list. Where are you all?

VQ: how's the settling in period going? Is J putting on weight (he's sure to be)? Are you recovering well from the op?

Who was experimenting with bicarb? How are the results (my fleece lollipops are looking a little darker than cream and I'd like to brighten them a bit)?

My last scan was wrong - I was told yesterday I'm expecting a girl shock! It was more of a shock than I expected, perhaps because I'd got my head around having a little brother for DS. Anyway, I shall have to practice some girl folds now!

My Onesize wraps are proving to be reliable. The fit is nice and generous too and should easily last DS til potty training, thank goodness!

PurplePidjin Tue 13-Nov-12 14:36:18

I tried it, Numpty, but got a fraud message when i checked out so gave up!

Yikes, that must've been a shock, BFG, how long have you thought she was a he?

37+4 and trying not to buy fluff or baby clothes out of boredom!

Notgrownupinmyhead Wed 14-Nov-12 16:35:22

Uh oh bfg. Have you gone mad with blue? I doubled the bicarb to 4 tablespoons in one cycle and a big glug of vinegar in the rinse and am smell free from poops and morning ammonia!! gringrin

Been busy at home running around after everyone and getting myself wound up so read most the posts. blush

PP will be goin PO 2moro with a load of Ebay stuff so will post the Nippas. wink

Is everyone else ok?? How is J doin VQ? Is DD ok?

PurplePidjin Wed 14-Nov-12 17:44:31

thanks I'm 4/5 engaged, suddenly measuring a week ahead having been spot on up to now, getting some mad BH, and been busy baking cake for youth club tomorrow - my birthday+last one before mat leave! How are you getting on?

Notgrownupinmyhead Wed 14-Nov-12 19:01:27

Whoooop whoooo!! Thats great! Im being kept super busy with this lot grin

The kids are off school 2moro for the Police Comm votes. We dont know who is running so how can we decide?!

Just put a load of stuff on freecycle.

LeBFG Thu 15-Nov-12 13:20:12

I'll try the bicarb method to brighten my fleeces up a bit, thank Notinmyhead. <What are Police Comm votes btw?> We haven't bought lots of blue as I was planning on recycling DS's clothes. There's a baby sale on Sunday so now I definately know the sex, I can now buy pinky things I suppose. Tbh, so much of newborn is gender neutral and who cares anyway? My family fear she'll turn into a tomboy grin.

PP - best of luck chicken. Keep us updated with progress - I love a live birth thread. What are your birth plans this time round?

ValiumQueen Thu 15-Nov-12 13:31:05

Sorry, been a tad busy, and tired. I had forgotten how tiring the first few weeks are.

I am refusing to have J weighed, but he is visibly putting on weight both in fatness and length. He is now too long for most of the newborn stuff, and the nappies are fitting his thighs better as they have a bit of meat on them now. He is 3 weeks now. Still not sleeping at night unless he has my tit in his mouth. Not cute anymore!

Had a few nappy disasters. He wee's for Scotland, and the LL bamboo size 1 are not lasting. Need to boost more. Had to change him completely last night, twice, including gro bag. DD2 had a soaked bed the other morning too as DH put some tight pj shorts on over the fleece wrap. I am amazed she slept all night.

Notgrownupinmyhead Thu 15-Nov-12 14:24:46

The government are putting Police Commissioners into power to try and sort out the force. £65k pa ive heard they'll be paid and its up to Jo Public to vote them in for each County.

I got told by the Nappy Lady not to wash my nappies with vinegar or bicarb as it can destroy the elastic. Ive been doubling the dose of detergent and it seems to be helping. So did a rinse with 1/2 pint of vinegar and a rinse with 4tbsp of bicarb grin

How often do you all stripwash? Is once a month enough?

VQ I dont blame you for not getting him weighed to please them and their charts. You're his mother and you know best grin

PurplePidjin Thu 15-Nov-12 14:25:40

www.choosemypcc.org.uk/

I'm still here, been baking all day - birthday plus last night at youth club till after Xmas. Bless them, my teens are so excited about me being pg! I've known some of them nearly 4 years, all the way through bullying, puberty, exams, and they keep telling how good I'm going to be at this!

This time, BFG? I'm on my first! Plan is to go to mat ward, cope as long as possible at each level of pain relief gradually working up the scale of medical intervention, produce healthy baby, few days at local mlu, home! I'm far more worried about the actual parenting than the giving birth bit...

VQ, glad he's doing well. Three weeks already! I met my latest nephew the other day (similar age) and he's awesome, i bet ValiumPrince is too grin

Notgrownupinmyhead Thu 15-Nov-12 14:26:08

Im repeating myself again. <slaps head>

Notgrownupinmyhead Thu 15-Nov-12 14:27:05

I shall look at that linky thanks!!

LeBFG Thu 15-Nov-12 14:30:06

Well from what you've written he's clearly a starving baby and needs hospitalisation asap <irony> hmm to the medical 'professionals'. They need a bit of common loaf, to quote my mother.

Three weeks in is the pits, the worst bit. They say baby gets better by 6 weeks, but I think the baby is just as needy it's just us, the mums, that get better at being sleep-deprived and woken up at all hours and being the all-giving sorts.

grin at tit in mouth. I remember that little one o-so-well. Well, perhaps not so well as I'm having another.

ValiumQueen Fri 16-Nov-12 04:17:46

I find it encouraging you say 3 weeks is the worst. Part of me feels I should be doing better at 3 weeks, but also 3 weeks of no sleep takes its toll too.

Doing better with infant nappy tonight. Putting LL size 1 on, then two bamboo boosters, then wrap. Arse the size of a small planet, but no leaks which is the main thing.

Getting a bit daft over washing them though. Hand washing, then two rinses then wash then two spins. Takes all day. Not necessary. Think my washer is gonna conk out. Will cut back today I promise. Daft VQ.

PurplePidjin Fri 16-Nov-12 04:39:57

Baby brain?

ValiumQueen Fri 16-Nov-12 04:44:37

Totally fucked brain through no sleep. You are up early PP are you ok? It is hard to remember this is your first as you come over very confident and experienced.

PurplePidjin Fri 16-Nov-12 04:54:59

Can't sleep, yet again. Don't normally log in but am particularly sleepless and hacked off with thrashing around!

Yep, first, probably over confident and due to fuck the whole thing up.

ValiumQueen Fri 16-Nov-12 08:57:37

Hope you got more sleep. We all think we fuck up with the first and subsequent babies. Part of being a parent and mummy guilt. You will be fine! You have got the cloth bum bit right already. DS has a sore bum due to constant shitting. It was much worse with disposables. Still very sore though. Poor scrap.

No leaks last night! yay!

PurplePidjin Fri 16-Nov-12 09:20:44

Couple of hours dozing to Chris Evans sadthanks

Hurrah for no leaks!!

Notgrownupinmyhead Fri 16-Nov-12 09:49:51

It doesnt matter how many kids you have there is always mummy guilt and the 'am i doing it right?' The right way is your way. wink

I think VQ sore butt cream should have some form of anaesthetic type stuff in to ease the sting more. Number 2 had it really bad once on morning it bled. I gave him some black grapes after his tea and he'd shit in the night. Ouchy.

Im up at 4am too with he who clicks when hungry.

PurplePidjin Sun 18-Nov-12 02:41:00

PidjChick is on his way - waters went at 10pm, just waiting for the contractions to hot up then back to hospital to meet him finally grin

LeBFG Sun 18-Nov-12 06:41:30

Arrgghh. You've probably had him already. Are you far from the hospital? Was there any warning before the waters went. Best of luck - and don't forget to keep us updated <so excited>.

Notgrownupinmyhead Sun 18-Nov-12 09:03:49

Double arggggghjhh!!!!! Why isnt there notifications!!!!!!!

The waiting to is exciting for us mere onlookers grin fantastic!!

Just remember its like having a big poo TMI!!

Best of luck and we expect an update the second she is out. Joke. When you're ready (then its Le BFG's turn grin)

Un MN hugs your way!! Xxx

Notgrownupinmyhead Sun 18-Nov-12 09:11:27

PS remember your breathing with each contraction. It does help. bear

ValiumQueen Sun 18-Nov-12 11:02:29

<<gets cup of tea and food supplies, settles down to await updates, and thanks The Lord that it is not me having a baby today grin >>

This thread is not accepting new messages.