This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

tommee tippee potette portable potty

(10 Posts)
hazlinh Fri 09-Dec-05 10:41:51

is it any good as a potty?

webwoman05 Fri 09-Dec-05 17:21:22

Yes I found it really useful for ds1 - even took it on a 9 hour flight - but always make sure it is fitted together securely otherwise when little darling's bottom sits on it it can collapse!

The liners are quite expensive but we started to use Tesco nappy sacks which are quite big (the blue ones) so they fit across the potty with a bit of loo roll or tissues in which was a cheaper option.

Good luck!

wavingordrowning Tue 13-Dec-05 20:33:13

It's a brilliant invention. We have used it everywhere to passers-by's huge amusement. Am with ww05 re the cost - we used nappy sacks with an ST inside!

WigWamBam Tue 13-Dec-05 20:34:57

I had one for dd and found it a complete waste of time - the wee would just sail straight over the top and land all over the floor and (usually) all over my feet too. I wouldn't recommend it.

Mum2OneAndBump Tue 13-Dec-05 20:37:41

IWe brought one for when we went away to Majorca, it never got used, it still has never been used but i do keep it in the care in case of a real toilet emergency for ds. Looks good though but still need to use it

Mum2OneAndBump Tue 13-Dec-05 20:38:21

That was ment to say "CAR" not care !

NewBethlehemGirlwithsparkles Tue 13-Dec-05 20:38:54

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty good. Was quite shocked to see that the "liners" are in fact a carrier bag with a maternity sanitary towel in.

Very good idea from webwoman rather than buying refills for it. I only got 3 with mine to start with!

Like I said I only got it 2 weeks ago and I'm a bit miffed now as dd has decided that she likes to use the toilet so it was a bit of a waste really. Although I'm sure we'll still take it on long journeys and stuff.

MARINAtivityPlay Tue 13-Dec-05 20:39:02

Ours has been a huge success and by the time it is retired from active service I expect we'll have had it about eight years
I think, like bumbos and hippychick seats, it's one of those love/hate gadgets though

bsg Tue 13-Dec-05 20:52:55

I have one which is great for on the beach or at the park (if there are no toilets). I would recommend it as it saves them having to go in a bush. Boys ok but for girls a bit tricky. The pottee was much easier thean trying to stop her peeing all over her feet and mine as I held her.!!!!

bsg Tue 13-Dec-05 20:54:10

I have one which is great for on the beach or at the park (if there are no toilets). I would recommend it as it saves them having to go in a bush. Boys ok but for girls a bit tricky. The pottee was much easier thean trying to stop her peeing all over her feet and mine as I held her.!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now