anyone else see Belly tonight?

(8 Posts)
FlemCandango Thu 21-Jul-16 23:58:52

Just got home. They played Kentish Town Forum. Very good too hot and crowded, Low Red Moon a particular highlight I think!

Bugger1ugs Fri 22-Jul-16 00:14:39

No way! Still one of my favourite albums, I listen to it all the time (Throwing Muses too). I'm a long way from London but had no idea they were touring.

FlemCandango Fri 22-Jul-16 00:25:20

Yes on tour and new tunes to play and they were very good, pretty tight and Tanya was in good voice. The drums were too loud though but I am very fussy abound sound levels these days. Twenty years ago I wouldn't have noticed!blushgrin

Bugger1ugs Fri 22-Jul-16 00:30:01

Mmm, listening to Gepetto now. I remember the days I was in the mosh pit and proudly displaying the scars at school the next days. More likely to take a travel rug and sit at the back now, but still love the music. Firepile next! wink

FlemCandango Fri 22-Jul-16 06:35:09

It was standing room only downstairs at the forum, and I got covered in spillled beer. But it was definitely worth it. No moshing where I was but it looked lively at the front, in a middle aged way grin enjoy your Belly listening and this way you don't go home smelling like a beer mat!

KathyBeale Fri 22-Jul-16 08:15:45

I was there! Loved it. Still want to be Tanya Donnely (Donelly?)

FlemCandango Sat 23-Jul-16 22:48:19

Tanya was tiny but mighty but the bassist with her toned arms and Alice outfit rawked!

ZenNudist Sun 31-Jul-16 10:45:00

I went to see them in Manchester. They were amazing. I had shivers hearing the songs my 16 year old self used to love.

Feel really lucky I found out about it. It wasn't a high profile tour. Venue was packed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now