Please recommend some proper old school HOUSE albums...

(13 Posts)
JapaneseMargaret Sat 03-May-14 04:55:29

...to play via spotify.

As in some good, uplifting, Frankie Knuckle-esque stuff.

I want to feel nostalgic for my misspent youth.

thanks

nearlyreadyforstatelyhomes Sat 03-May-14 05:16:03

Any of the subliminal sessions your kind of thing?

JapaneseMargaret Sat 03-May-14 05:18:30

Yes, definitely. grin Great rec.

Ah, good times...

sj73 Sat 03-May-14 06:04:25

The Cream albums.

mrsnec Sat 03-May-14 06:14:03

Definitely, and the Retrospective of House compilations with Jeremy Healy and Alistair Whitehead in particular and ffrr classics.

justabigdisco Sat 03-May-14 06:53:33

I don't know if they're on spotlight but I love the '<insert DJ name> In The House' ones by Defected. Especially the Bob Sinclar, Dimitri from Paris and Kenny Dope ones.

justabigdisco Sat 03-May-14 06:53:48

Spotlight? Spotify.

nearlyreadyforstatelyhomes Sat 03-May-14 15:31:51

Shiny disco balls reminds me of many a messy night!!

Can't believe that era of my life feels so long ago now.... I had a hot choc and an early night last night - oh how times have changed wink

Pastperfect Sat 03-May-14 16:11:36

Sasha and Digweed on Renaissance. One of my all time faves, although didn't sound quite as awesome as I recalled when I played it recently

sj73 Sun 04-May-14 12:50:21

Best of Deconstruction.

The ministry albums. (Bit cheesy)

Cafe del mar (bit mellow)

Sammydean40 Thu 08-May-14 12:36:45

Go on soundcloud and download podcasts from your fave DJ's. Also if you like old skool I'm running a night in Warrington in September, it will be all good funky house as well as old skool. The event is on facebook if you search a very important house party. I've got his guy called Davos who plays old skool piano house actually on the piano, he is on you tube if you want to look for him, plus Rob Tissera DJ'ing

Sammydean40 Thu 08-May-14 12:38:06

I love shiny disco balls :-) Wicked tune, they played it in my gym class last week I had to restrain myself from dancing

Pipkinhartley Thu 22-May-14 18:35:21

Ffrr - Silver on Black, track listing:
www.discogs.com/Various-FFRR-Silver-On-Black/release/572273
I replaced my vinyl copy with a used cd from Amazon not so long ago (condition was fine) for pennies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now