What music to cheer me up? I've just been dumped!

(8 Posts)
zookeeper Tue 25-Feb-14 15:24:06

I am sad/ angry and am going to blitz my house, which is a pit, to try to cheer myself up. Can anyone suggest some rousing happy music for me please?

DoctorTwo Tue 25-Feb-14 15:56:21

Rock Lobster by the B52s always makes me smile.

zookeeper Wed 26-Feb-14 06:57:36

Thank you Doc

ohmymimi Wed 26-Feb-14 16:12:01

'I Can See Clearly Now' - up lifting. But I always find a good blast of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' sorts me out - full volume.

Ferguson Mon 03-Mar-14 19:49:06

You need to relax! I just sent this to someone else:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1hm7KlfT8

borisgudanov Tue 29-Apr-14 22:17:10

J S Bach. Brandenburg concerto no 2 in F, BWV 1047
Mozart. Piano concerto no 19 in F, K 459. On no account listen to no 20 in D minor K466.
Gershwin. Rhapsody in Blue.

hutchblue Wed 30-Apr-14 12:44:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhvPoBwMfSA well this is probably a bit too happy for you, but - think of the great nights out to come, when you can bop away to some fun music and forget all about him!
I do find with housework something upbeat helps me get it done more quickly so this might help for that at least.
Do hope you're not too sad. I remember I used to try and look at these things as a lucky escape!

ScrambledSmegs Wed 30-Apr-14 12:57:58

Depends what sort of rousing music you want. If you want genuine happy music that Pharrell song, Happy, is insanely catchy and upbeat. May be too much for you in your current frame of mind though?

I find funky music you can dance to is great for times like this, so my list goes -

Hey Ya by Outkast

Apache - the incredible Bongo band (!) version

Superstition by Stevie Wonder

I know you got soul - Bobby Byrd

There's more, I have a whole playlist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now