Alternative/Rock/Met al Songs Written For/About Babies

(8 Posts)
McGemmie Sat 16-Nov-13 12:00:31

Thanks guys.

I'm after rock songs that are about babies rather than baby versions of rock songs but thanks for the thought.

Really just want some songs that aren't super cheesy old pop songs!

colleysmill Thu 14-Nov-13 18:29:19

When life/work takes over and you start to lose perspective I also find Ugly Kid Joes version of Cats in the Cradle brings me back to what's important smile

Not quite what you're after but this website is worth a look - www.rockabyebabymusic.com/uk/music

colleysmill Thu 14-Nov-13 18:25:54

I used to sing Tom Pettys Alright for Now to ds when he was little

McGemmie Thu 14-Nov-13 18:17:18

Thanks NeoFaust.

Any other suggestions? smile

NeoFaust Mon 11-Nov-13 14:47:50

Also Nickelback's 'Lullaby'. Not necessarily for the baby, but for the parent awake at 4am...

NeoFaust Mon 11-Nov-13 14:42:27

Not specifically a baby song, but 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica immediately springs to mind.

McGemmie Mon 11-Nov-13 14:40:23

I'm due my first baby (a little girl :D) 20th December, and for my husbands up coming birthday I'm trying to make a mix CD of various songs written about or for babies.

I know there's lots of songs out there, but I'm looking specifically for songs that are rock/metal/alternative, along the lines of "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed and "Miracle" by Shinedown.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now