Rock/Metal lovers, over here please :)

(148 Posts)

OK, I'm going through some really rough times, and have had a spectacularly rotten day today. I need some musical distractions.

i love Iron Maiden, Nickelback, Metallica, Stone Sour, Foo Fighters, etc.

Name me some songs that will cheer me up/let me sing my rage out/make me smile, please.

For your troubles, I shall share The Sheriff of Huddersfield

NeedlesCuties Fri 27-Sep-13 20:01:15

Anything by the epic Danish band Volbeat.

Just go to You Tube, search for them, and enjoy smile

DorisShutt Fri 27-Sep-13 20:02:05

If I'm in that mood, I always go for Rage Against the Machine and "Killing in the name".

Good for a mosh and a large helping of singing/shouting FUUUUUUUCK!

ElleMcFearsome Fri 27-Sep-13 20:02:53

Breakout by the Foos to start with (the video makes me laugh and I love the song too)

ElleMcFearsome Fri 27-Sep-13 20:03:24

Ohhh and deffo Doris's suggestion too!

soontobeburns Fri 27-Sep-13 20:03:30

Save me by hinder I love this great for screaming and rocking out to.

Fwiw Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, Simple Plan and Shinedown are must hears.

Whatdoido5 Fri 27-Sep-13 20:08:04

Anything by avenged sevenfold

motherstongue Fri 27-Sep-13 20:08:26

Chop Suey by System of a down. Always does the trick for me. But maybe not as uplifting lyric wise as you might want, what with self righteous suicide being part of the lyrics. Maybe I should just leave the party now. I'll get my coat!

GhostsInSnow Fri 27-Sep-13 20:08:42

Hello! I'm 39 so my era was the 80's. Huge Leppard, Metallica, Crue, Poison, Skid Row, GnR, Dokken, Ratt fan.

DO like a lot of modern stuff though, especially The Used, My Chemical Romance, Foo Fighters, 30 Seconds To Mars, All Time Low, Biffy, Panic at the Disco etc
Basically, if its on Kerrang TV I usually love it.

ElleMcFearsome Fri 27-Sep-13 20:09:19

And showing my age here (I was about 12 when this came out) I give you Skid Row for the beauteous Sab Bach in his youth

<swoons>

<falls off chair>

SPBisResisting Fri 27-Sep-13 20:09:21

I have no sugestuons as I'm too tired to think but if you don't mind me asking, what's up? Sorry you're going through a rough time

GhostsInSnow Fri 27-Sep-13 20:09:58

An uplifting song I give you...

Nothin' but a good time

Somethingpink Fri 27-Sep-13 20:10:05

Damage plan - fuck you
Pantera - walk
Hatebreed - live for this
Fear factory - digimortal album

GhostsInSnow Fri 27-Sep-13 20:10:48

Elle, I was so in love with him. I screamed like a little girl when he came onstage with GnR a few years ago and my best friend was wetting herself laughing at me blush

turkeyboots Fri 27-Sep-13 20:11:04

I've taken to listening to Team Rock Radio and discovered loads of new stuff. Avenged Sevenfold, Fivefinger Deathpunch, Volbeat, Bring me the Horizon.

Also love Lamb of Gods song which contains the immortal line "this is A motherfucking invitation" which I sing to myself everytime DD gets a party invite!

Get some Wildhearts on, Ginger and the crew can cheer anyone up. Also my friend from school has a band called Throw The Fight, they're supporting Bullet For My Valentine at the moment. I'm a bit of a punk ska liver and Reel Big Fish always cheer me up.

superbagpuss Fri 27-Sep-13 20:11:56

I use Metallica nothing else matters, great shouty song and it annoys dh grin

dream on - aerosmith

just somebody that I used to know - goyte

PervyMuskrat Fri 27-Sep-13 20:12:09

Drowning Pool - Bodies
Slipknot - Duality
Rammstein - Keine Lust

And YY to Walk by Pantera (wanders off to find Vulgar Display of Power and put it on loud!)

ElleMcFearsome Fri 27-Sep-13 20:13:26

Juice I'm squeeing at youtube watching him now. DH is all <eyeroll> grin

motherstongue Fri 27-Sep-13 20:14:37

I'm back, like a bad penny, also like "No one knows" by Queens of the Stone Age. Has the advantage of a wee bit of Dave Grohl thrown in especially if you can watch the video. Anything really be the Foos,again, especially if you can watch the videos.

GhostsInSnow Fri 27-Sep-13 20:15:18

He's still not bad looking at all elle neither is Brett Michaels from Poison actually. Axl let the side down though, he was just sex on legs to 15 year old me and looking at him now is so sad.

Both my kids (16 and 20) are huge Skid Row fans. My fault entirely...

PervyMuskrat Fri 27-Sep-13 20:15:32

And to make you smile, Tenacious D - Tribute!

ElleMcFearsome Fri 27-Sep-13 20:16:31

Ohhh also Bowling for Soup 1985 which my DDs sing to me when they're feeling especially irritating (needs the video for the full effect!)

GillyBillyWilly Fri 27-Sep-13 20:16:40

YES to skid row! 18 and life is an awesome song!

GhostsInSnow Fri 27-Sep-13 20:19:03

A good one for pissing of DH's BTW is Limp Bizkit's My Way hehe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now