Need ideas for music to listen to

(17 Posts)
loopyloou Thu 15-Aug-13 22:00:45

I need some new stuff to listen to. I'm mainly into classic rock, I love Whitesnake, Bryan Adams, Thunder, Journey, Bruce Springsteen, that sort of thing. I also quite like a bit of Stereophonics, Will Young.

I need something new to listen to, any recommendations?

chocoluvva Fri 16-Aug-13 11:42:37

Prog rock perhaps?

Rush?

Muse?

joydivisionovengloves Fri 16-Aug-13 15:01:34

The Gaslight Anthem, The Hold Steady, Chuck Ragan

loopyloou Fri 16-Aug-13 18:23:35

Rush are good. I've heard a couple of Muse tracks, they sound ok, so I'll get hold of some more. What's a good album to start with?

loopyloou Fri 16-Aug-13 18:24:19

Joy division, I'm not familiar with this, I'll take a look on YouTube. Thanks.

NicholasTeakozy Fri 16-Aug-13 19:13:41

If you like rock there's a young trio called Unlocking The Truth. I started listening to them after a recommendation from both Doug Wimbish and Vernon Reid (Living Colour, who are also great).

Jellykat Fri 16-Aug-13 19:23:41

Queens of the stone age?

plus ya gotta love some Foo Fighters surely?

loopyloou Fri 16-Aug-13 20:21:17

Thanks both, I'm actually not familiar with many Foofighters, will have a listen and also check out the others.

How about some lesser known classic rock like

The Little River Band - 80s supergroup from Australia biggest hits were "Help is on its way" and "Long Way there"

Cinderella - 80's ballad/metal band which DW still loves (she's a big Whitesnake and Def Leppard fan) suggested album "Long cold Winter"

loopyloou Sat 17-Aug-13 08:18:24

Thanks smile I'm familiar with their names, but not their music, so will have a listen.

Dh had some Foofighters that I wasn't aware of, so that'll be my music of choice in the car next week grin

NicholasTeakozy Sat 17-Aug-13 11:32:48

This is Unlocking The Truth. 12 year old kids doing metal.

mais Sat 17-Aug-13 11:41:48

Download Spotify free to your laptop find a song you like, then click create radio and it will play tracks based on your original song choice. A good way to find new music to listen to.

Spotify is free to use on PC there are some ads, you can pay to use it on phone, tablet without ads

Garbage-particularly Queer, Only Happy When It Rains, Push It and I Think I'm Paranoid.

loopyloou Sat 17-Aug-13 12:34:52

Thanks, I'll download Spotify to my pc (spend most of my time on my phone these days though), I'll also have listen to the others suggested - I know a little Garbage but only the well known ones that got radio play.

I should add, I tend to like the quieter, bluesy rock, rather than metal.

Great suggestions, keep them coming smile

Fishandjam Thu 22-Aug-13 11:35:03

Tom Petty? Or, if you're willing to branch out as far as Mali, Tinariwen?

flipchart Sat 14-Sep-13 20:21:25

Joe Bonamassa
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuyMBdsqTM dust bowl

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpgd2xB8wDQ driving towards the daylight

Fighting Wolves
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC27Ha8V-H4

Slam Cartel? Stone Sour?

Listen to Planet Rock. New and old stuff. Awesome station.

RockMummy Thu 03-Oct-13 20:15:42

Temperance Movement, Black Crowes ?
If you like Journey check out W.E.T. The singer, Jeff Scott Soto has an amazing voice.
Lots of great stuff on Planet Rock, Team Rock Radio and ARFM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now