The mumsnet Ukulele quiche.

(138 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Tue 09-Apr-13 18:21:31

Started a new thread as the other one is going to get lost in chat.

Place to share tips, songs, websites, compare prongs, etc.

My strumming sounds a bit tinny - debating upgrading my strings to Aquila - anyone done this to their cheapy and did it really make that much difference? Also anyone got a good strap that doesn't require any hole drilling - my boobage makes me struggle to hold it sometimes (not that im bragging) grin

MrsBottesini Tue 30-Jul-13 10:58:09

anyone see the Geore Formby prog last night on bbc4, Graham Norton... it was flippin brilliant!

Hello! Can I join in? I got a ukulele for my birthday last week and have been obsessively printing music off the internet since; I've got about a billion cheesy tunes now grin

Killed it sad

MrsBottesini Sun 11-Aug-13 01:06:33

the thread, the ukulele or the cheesy tunes? wink

grin

am getting one for ds2 now [rollseyes]

Phew!

I have lost all sensation in the fingertips of my left hand <proud>

MrsBottesini Mon 12-Aug-13 21:24:23

congratulations grin
how's the right hand?

Learning a new schema - I am attempting <drum roll> fingerpicking

oooo I attempted fingerpicking to play leonard cohen hallelujah but then decided to just play it with a random strumming pattern instead. I am going to download fairytale ofnew York and practise it for xmas when dc go back to school. I am ace now at somewhere over the rainbow and hallelujah and can also do fun we are young grin. Some just have two many chord in formy liking - I don't like them barre jobbys.

fuzzpig Tue 19-Nov-13 21:21:57

Hello! Oldish thread I see but is anyone still around?

I bought a ukulele today with Xmas/birthday money from my grandma. I've tuned it (using an app on my iPod grin) and looked at a few chords for somewhere over the rainbow (the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version is one of my favourite songs ever)

I'm so happy grin

hello all, how is everybody getting on? im rubbish have been neglecting mu uke, im so going to practice this week x

TheRaniOfYawn Wed 25-Dec-13 15:50:16

I'm in the quiche! DP gave me a ukulele for Christmas. Now I have to work or how to tune it. And play it.

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Wed 25-Dec-13 16:35:33

Hello fgrin

I managed to keep my uke hidden until my birthday earlier this month.

I've memorised a few chords and am really enjoying it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now