Muse 2nd Law-where did it go wrong?

(6 Posts)

I got this for Christmas but was reluctant to listen to it as I was worried it wouldn't measure up to Absolution. I was right hmm. There isn't a single memorable song in my opinion & they just sound like a Queen tribute band. It's come straight out of my stereo again & is likely not to be in there again. I'm gutted.

I blame Kate Hudson, they've never been the same since he started going out with her...exactly the same happened with Coldplay grin

PseudoBadger Fri 11-Jan-13 19:52:02

I've been putting off listening to it - nothing measures up to OOS for me grin

Bliss is their best song IMO but I can never decide if I prefer Absolution or Black Holes & Revelations. It saddens me that their days of greatness are apparently behind them already.

briochedanslefour Fri 11-Jan-13 20:14:38

Citizens erased from OOS is my favourite all time song.. Haven't got the new album yet but did get tickets to see them (for the 8th time!) in the summer. They are incredible live. I hope im not too disappointed with the new album.

They are amazing live. I hmm'd and haa'd about seeing them this time but decided against it. Kind of glad now as I wouldn't want to see them perform stuff from this album. Would prefer to remember the Wembley/Teignmouth shows I went to.

hoodoo12345 Mon 28-Jan-13 22:23:47

This album was so disappointing, i was really hoping they were going to pull it back after the lukewarm Resistance album but it was not to be.
I treasure the memory of seeing them live for the first time and all their other albums but sadly for me the magic has gone.....But i will always have Hoodoosmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now