current 'pop song' about a drum???

(5 Posts)
FoJo Thu 11-Oct-12 22:48:30

Please help!! There's a song currently being played on radio - not loads and have heard it a few times over last month or so, so currentish. Its a 'nice 80s style pop song' (I cringe as i type that but best description i can come up with!!). They are singing something about a drum - dance to the beat of a drum or something like that - but its not the nicola roberts song and thats all that comes up when i type it into google. ANyone help please? Thanks

CrumblyMumbly Thu 11-Oct-12 22:50:42

Could be Bom Bom by Sam and the Womp - I like it too!

FoJo Fri 12-Oct-12 08:25:14

flipping heck crumbly, my credibility with my 14 year old daughter has just soared!!! I've been wittering on about it to her for ages and of course she's never in the car when its on so she didnt know what it was. afer reading your reply i went straight to youtube and thats the song. then dd came running dowstairs to see what i was doing playing the song for her upcoming disco dancing exam!! (so of course i then had to start it fromm the beginning so she could perform for me!!). Thank you so much, i cant believe how many times i've heard it on radio and they never say who it is!!

FoJo Fri 12-Oct-12 14:43:00

its official, i am losing the plot!! As i typed my reply this morning I was thinking 'why did i think it sounded like something from the eighties? and also that it hardly mentions the drum'. of course thats coz its the wrong song!! I've just heard it and its 'loving the sound of the beat of the drum'by the overtones!! I think i heard the overtones one first and then after not hearing it for a while & never sussing out who it was i heard Bom Bom and convinced myself it was the same song - god knows why as they sound nothing like each other blush! I now have 2 new favourite songsgrin!!!

CrumblyMumbly Fri 12-Oct-12 15:28:06

I'm so pleased and also that I actually knew something in my toddler addled brain and beat anyone else to it. Happy to help - hope your dd does well in her dancing exam. Me and my dd love dancing to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now