Adele's Bond theme song, you likey?

(13 Posts)
imperialstateknickers Sun 07-Oct-12 17:26:50

Definitely like, but ask again when it's been on every radio station every five minutes for weeks on end and I may have a different opinion.

ohthedandy Sun 07-Oct-12 17:24:45

I so wanted this to be good, and I guess it is (even though it seems to take quite a while to get going). The trouble is the "chorus" just reminds me of Billy Connolly's pub/party singer skit from many, many moons ago. Skyffaaawllll............

monsterchild Sat 06-Oct-12 18:18:26

I heard it for the first time yesterday, and had no idea it was the new Bond song, but I thought, "shit, this should be the new Bond song, or they'd better hire her to do the next one."
So as far as Bond son'gs go, I think it's the best I've heard in a long while. As far as Adele goes, I really like it. Very 60's sounding, which is where the odd off-key sound comes from, I think.

Tryingtothinkofnewsnazzyname Sat 06-Oct-12 18:14:23

It's a bit meh. Very safe Bond tune but not that interesting. Wouldn't say I hated it though.

difficultpickle Sat 06-Oct-12 18:13:03

Agree about her live performance but really didn't think her voice sounded very good on this. I assume the surgery she had to have has affected it.

msrisotto Sat 06-Oct-12 10:18:13

To be fair, they wouldn't have released it if she was singing out of tune, and her live performance is usually near perfect.

difficultpickle Fri 05-Oct-12 21:49:17

I heard it last night. I thought there were bits where she was singing out of tune or was that deliberate? confused

msrisotto Fri 05-Oct-12 21:48:03

And I've only heard it twice! grin

msrisotto Fri 05-Oct-12 21:47:35

It grew on me btw

mamalovesmojitos Fri 05-Oct-12 21:47:35

Hate it. Sorry adele!

LadyPlainJane Fri 05-Oct-12 21:42:49

It's a wee bit cheesy but it is really good. Very James Bondy.

The girl sure can sing.

mirry2 Fri 05-Oct-12 21:41:50

Intro is far too long. It might grow on me.

msrisotto Fri 05-Oct-12 21:38:12

I do! Which surprised me as I haven't liked any bond songs since before Madonna and I can find Adele whiney sounding.

Here it is for those who might not have heard it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now