Adele's Bond theme song, you likey?

(13 Posts)
msrisotto Fri 05-Oct-12 21:38:12

I do! Which surprised me as I haven't liked any bond songs since before Madonna and I can find Adele whiney sounding.

Here it is for those who might not have heard it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8jMP5Y3RY

mirry2 Fri 05-Oct-12 21:41:50

Intro is far too long. It might grow on me.

LadyPlainJane Fri 05-Oct-12 21:42:49

It's a wee bit cheesy but it is really good. Very James Bondy.

The girl sure can sing.

mamalovesmojitos Fri 05-Oct-12 21:47:35

Hate it. Sorry adele!

msrisotto Fri 05-Oct-12 21:47:35

It grew on me btw

msrisotto Fri 05-Oct-12 21:48:03

And I've only heard it twice! grin

difficultpickle Fri 05-Oct-12 21:49:17

I heard it last night. I thought there were bits where she was singing out of tune or was that deliberate? confused

msrisotto Sat 06-Oct-12 10:18:13

To be fair, they wouldn't have released it if she was singing out of tune, and her live performance is usually near perfect.

difficultpickle Sat 06-Oct-12 18:13:03

Agree about her live performance but really didn't think her voice sounded very good on this. I assume the surgery she had to have has affected it.

Tryingtothinkofnewsnazzyname Sat 06-Oct-12 18:14:23

It's a bit meh. Very safe Bond tune but not that interesting. Wouldn't say I hated it though.

monsterchild Sat 06-Oct-12 18:18:26

I heard it for the first time yesterday, and had no idea it was the new Bond song, but I thought, "shit, this should be the new Bond song, or they'd better hire her to do the next one."
So as far as Bond son'gs go, I think it's the best I've heard in a long while. As far as Adele goes, I really like it. Very 60's sounding, which is where the odd off-key sound comes from, I think.

ohthedandy Sun 07-Oct-12 17:24:45

I so wanted this to be good, and I guess it is (even though it seems to take quite a while to get going). The trouble is the "chorus" just reminds me of Billy Connolly's pub/party singer skit from many, many moons ago. Skyffaaawllll............

imperialstateknickers Sun 07-Oct-12 17:26:50

Definitely like, but ask again when it's been on every radio station every five minutes for weeks on end and I may have a different opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now