The Smiths to reform next year(?)

(15 Posts)
YokoUhOh Tue 02-Oct-12 18:25:22

Joyce and Rourke are really good musicians; I always think that instrumental tracks like Barbarism Begins At Home show a real awareness of what makes a good pop song. I felt really disappointed by Moz's taste in music when he did Desert Island Discs a couple of years ago; it was very 'samey' and shows his lack of musical input into the Smiths.

LouMacca Tue 02-Oct-12 09:36:46

If it's not all 4 of them then it's not a reunion. Seeing the Stone Roses made me realise how important it was that the original band were back together, it just wouldn't have been the same with any one of them being replaced.

I'd be amazed if it happened............

RedBlanket Tue 02-Oct-12 08:57:25

Moz and Marr would be enough for me, I think Rourke and Joyce are very replaceable.
I'll give you truculent and unreliable tho.

YokoUhOh Mon 01-Oct-12 19:07:14

The truest words ever spoken about Moz were said by that judge: 'truculent and unreliable'. The Smiths would have been nothing without that rhythm section in the same way the Roses are nothing without Mani and Reni x

VivaLeBeaver Mon 01-Oct-12 18:19:07

I could possibly believe a Mozza and Marr reunion but not a full Smiths reunion. He despises Joyce and Rourke.

cocolepew Mon 01-Oct-12 18:06:30

To be truthful people would be happy with just Morrissey and Marr, I think.

YokoUhOh Mon 01-Oct-12 17:59:32

Not in a million years. My friend knows Joyce and Rourke: uh-uh, no way. Not after the court case.

JethroTull Mon 01-Oct-12 17:59:19

Really?? I would cut off a limb to see that!

cocolepew Mon 01-Oct-12 17:55:52

Oh, I read it on Holy Moly, not sure how reliable it is.

cocolepew Mon 01-Oct-12 17:54:39

Glastonbury is rumoured, though I don't think Mike Joyce is going to be asked back. Coachella is going 100% vegetarian next year to try to get them to play, but Moz has said they only really want him and Marr.

Aboutlastnight Mon 01-Oct-12 17:49:08

<rummages for cardigan>

<Realises she is wearing it.>

Not sure how I feel about this...would love to go though

RedBlanket Mon 01-Oct-12 17:47:43

Really?

Moz hates the other two and Johnny Marr has always said no.

I'm remortgaging/selling a child for the tour tho.

redlac Mon 01-Oct-12 17:46:32

Ill eat my quiff if that happens

UnChartered Mon 01-Oct-12 17:45:24

ears pricking up

reports from where <yeeha!>

cocolepew Mon 01-Oct-12 17:43:11

Reports saying they are reforming for 4 dates

Hoke out your flowers and NHS glasses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now