modern 'classical' music like gorecki

(4 Posts)
ohdobuckup Sun 19-Aug-12 21:08:48

Am a late comer to much modern music, but have loved Gorecki's 'Sorrowful Songs' ,especially the Dawn Upshaw version, for years.

I am looking for pointers to other composers of modern classical music that you may think be of interest; where would be a good source of samples etc, who has moved you with recent compositions?
Many thanks

NicholasTeakozy Mon 20-Aug-12 11:38:51

There's an American trio I love called Judgement Day. Cobra Strike is probably their best known tune.

If that's a bit too much like heavy metal, their new stuff is loads more mellow. Their newest release features Forest Battle, which sounds more classical.

ohdobuckup Tue 21-Aug-12 13:50:49

Thanks, had a look, really like them. Have also been glued to youtube exploring link to link, so finding out lots and lots, especially some film sound tracks by Thomas Newman.

NicholasTeakozy Tue 21-Aug-12 16:03:02

Ooh, glad you like them. I'm always pleased when someone likes my music recommendations. How did I miss Thomas Newman? Isn't it wonderful how wide a spectrum classical music has? From something really chilled like Pachelbel Canon in D to the String Metal of Judgement Day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now