Any Iron Maiden fans about?

(10 Posts)

Any fellow Maiden fans lurking on MN? Was very excited to see this on their official Facebook the other day:

"Now the Maiden England tour all very exciting, but let's not forget the little tour we did last year - you know the one with the plane, the around the world one...

Well, for those of you UK based I'm happy to say that those lovely people at BBC4 will be giving you a chance to relive it from 10pm on August 3rd.

First up is 'Behind The Beast' - spend time behind the scenes of the epic tour with our lovely crew, as they make sure nothing goes on fire or falls over from Moscow to South America and back. Then from 11pm it's time for 'En Vivo' - live from the Estadio Nacional in Chile. Excited? You should be."

As it happens, I have the official En Vivo! DVD which has the documentary and the full concert, but thought I'd let people here know.

I saw them live at Sonisphere 2010 in Knebworth, was amazing! My family think I'm mad for liking them, because I'm only 22 and they're apparently, "Old."

Keep rotating between various albums at the moment, although the song, "Coming Home" is a favorite right now.

NagooingForGold Sun 29-Jul-12 20:39:47

ooh thanks Mr Goo will be v interested smile

love Fear of the Dark but that's as far as I go I'm afraid grin

your family are right BTW, they are "old " (and I'm a decade older than you!) but good for you!

just imo of course ;) can't you bring yourself up to date a bit, there are these lovely lads called JLS grin

Mymumsdaughter Sun 29-Jul-12 20:46:07

Omg just realised I saw them before you were born op. Iloke 7th son of 7th son album best

Haha, Stealth, I do like some more recent bands - although not JLS smile My music taste is very eclectic, but does feature a lot of bands that aren't widely accepted by my peers, such as Maiden.

Carmenthebarman Sun 29-Jul-12 21:38:46

The Number of the Beast album is my favourite music to run to! Seen them lots of times. DH is the real fan, I'll tell him about the BBC4 thing. Thanks.

RatHammock Sun 29-Jul-12 21:43:12

I love them. First band I ever saw live, in 1993, when I was 13. Saw them at the O2 last August and they are still amazing. Favourite album is probably Somewhere In Time.

whatkungfuthat Tue 18-Sep-12 14:09:18

Used to love them in the 80's/early 90's but I don't know any of their more recent stuff. I had a major crush on Steve Harris blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now