This topic is for members who want to be a part of organised swaps with other members. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic here

Pre- Christmas swap Sign up!

(79 Posts)
champs Thu 29-Oct-09 18:33:54

Ok here's the sign-up thread

here's guidelines for this swap:

1. To be included email your details (including your mumsnet name, postal address, and how you want your parcel addressed - Some people don't want to reveal their real name to us, others don't want to reveal their Mumsnet name to their family. If in doubt, just put "the mumsnetter" ) to mnswaps at yahoo dot co dot uk -- replace at with @ and dot with .
No need to resend if I have your details already, unless you have moved/changed details.
2. If you have any dislikes/allergies etc, please let me know. I'll include it with your details so your swaper can avoid getting you something you can't use or will hate.
3. You must be signed up by Friday 6th November. I will send you your swapee details on Sunday 8th November.
Please note...The person you are sending to is NOT the person who is sending to you. Its all muddled up.
4. You must post your gift out so that it will get to your swapee by Monday 23rd November.

5. You must send by at least Second class Recorded delivery, Sorry if this seems drastic but we've had a fair few no shows so this way everyone can be reassured that packages can be tracked if lost.

6. If you are unable to get your gift out but have signed up please let me know or you may be excluded from further swaps!!!
7. Please do not put your name on your gift, you can put a return address if you want, but the guessing won't be much fun if you put your name. You can leave a clue though as that adds to the fun
8. The theme for this month's swap is Pre-Christmas.
9. The budget for gifts this month is from £5 - £10. You are welcome to go over the budget, but please do not expect anyone else to!

Because we seem to have more fun guessing when our gifts arrive, you can start guessing as soon as you get them. Swappers may then disclose their identities if they so wish!!

Important!!!
This swap is for new and unused items please keep tags attached to the gifts, prices can be removed.

If you have any probs whatsoever please do email me as most things can be sorted out quickly and amicably before they flare up

A BIG thanks to all of you who keep swaps fun xxx

champs Sat 14-Nov-09 04:05:22

grin lol marsy! great to see you too xxx

phantomswapper, email me as i may have details.

chillo

Tortoise Sat 14-Nov-09 08:21:33

I had planned to shop for my swap yesterday but then DD2 was ill and the weather was foul!
Hopefully will sort it tuesday instead. smile

ChilloHippi Sun 15-Nov-09 17:37:28

Mine's all ready to go this week!

mamadiva Tue 17-Nov-09 11:13:27

I'm just going to need to take a random guess what to buy this afternoon...

SwapSentToCD Tue 17-Nov-09 11:44:49

Mine's all sent out

ChilloHippi Thu 19-Nov-09 09:12:14

Has your swappe not posted any likes or dislikes Mamadiva?

phantomswapper Fri 20-Nov-09 07:48:03

Mines going out today

Am strangely surprisingly excited now...

CaptainDippy Fri 20-Nov-09 10:03:06

SwapSenttCD - I got my stuff yesterday smile Thank you for all the lovely sweet little bots 'n' bobs smile I know who you are, so thank you Peachy!!!! winksmile So lovely!! smile xxx

PsychosRockinSwapper Fri 20-Nov-09 11:00:59

Yo!! it's on it's way - to make you rock and relax ya before the Christmas Madness!!!! winkgrin xx

MamaDivasSecretSwapper Fri 20-Nov-09 11:20:11

MamaD's is on its way today grin

Peachy Fri 20-Nov-09 11:35:21

Dammit,told them toleave my details off LOL

Glad you liked it.

mamadiva Fri 20-Nov-09 11:50:34

Oooh yeay! I had visions of me somehow getting left out...

It's like being a kid at christmas... I get way to excited about simple things LOL!

CaptainDippy Fri 20-Nov-09 14:58:47

I know the feeling MamaD winkgrin <<<Skips round like a small child>>>

LOL Peachy, it's cool smile

Lillyssecretsanta Fri 20-Nov-09 20:15:09

Right Lillypie parcel on the way

Excitement this end too LOL

lillypie Sat 21-Nov-09 18:10:10

Parcel received today gringringrin
thank you so much xxx

XmasGiftsForBexieID Sat 21-Nov-09 20:31:02

Bexie Your parcel will be with you by the end of the week. Given up being able to get to town, ordered online instead! Should be with me Tuesday then i will send your gifts on, on Weds. smile

ChilloHippisSecretSanta Mon 23-Nov-09 09:01:45

ChilloHippi I've been snowed under at work but I off to post office right now!!!

I hope you enjoy your gift and that you and your family have a lovely Christmas xxx

ChilloHippi Mon 23-Nov-09 14:35:44

Thank you! I shall keep an eye out for Mr Postman. smile

Tortoise Tue 24-Nov-09 10:15:56

Postie just been with my parcel grin.
Excellent christmas socks, fingerless gloves (will be great for typing in on cold evenings!grin, yummy smelling lip balm and sweeties. smile Oh and 2 mini crackers. smile
Thank you swapper. Trying to work out clue! Only person who's profile i can see, and who seems to have been on MN for 3yrs is BexieID.

HellooooPsycho Tue 24-Nov-09 15:02:26

Helloooooo!!? Have you received it!!!? smile

ChilloHippi Tue 24-Nov-09 18:44:07

Big slobbery kisses of thanks to my swapper! My parcel came today and I am really chuffed. I got a book, some bath bits (which I can't wait to use) and some truffles (which have already been eaten blush) grin

BexieID Tue 24-Nov-09 23:13:38

Sorry, not me Tortoise. I'm blush to say that I still haven't got everything yet for the person i'm buying for. The shops here are useless, so waiting till the weekend to get the main bit, but I haven't forgotten!

OiiPeachy Wed 25-Nov-09 04:10:31

peachy! you will be getting 2 separate parcels, couldn't get to "good" shops so did online shop in diff places. Your first parcel may have got to you today(tues) or tomoz(wed) little fun pack will be with you later in week!!

mamadiva Wed 25-Nov-09 09:19:57

Glad your parcel got to you okay Lillypie

Got mine yesterday, Thank you swapper

I got a book, something from Lush and a cute little necklace! There was no clue in mine so I have noo idea who sent it?!

XmasGiftsForBexieID Wed 25-Nov-09 18:49:53

Cooeee Bexie. Parcel sent 2nd class recorded. smile Hope it is with you soon and that you are happy with it. smile

God this name changing isn't easy is it! lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now