This topic is for members who want to be a part of organised swaps with other members. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic here

The school uniform swapsie thread. Lets give each other a helping hand!

(94 Posts)
avenanap Sat 12-Jul-08 20:36:22

I've not done this before so please bear with me. Sorry if I should have asked mn blush

Please fill in if there's something you have spare of and there's something you need for your dc's school uniform. They can be so expensive so lets give each other a helping hand. smile

Many, many thanks. Good condition please!

I have several Trutex boys shirts, short and long sleeve, sizes 29cm/11.5 inch neck, a brown stringy pully top pe bag and am in need of navy blue pe shorts (age 8)/ craft apron if anyone can help. I also have some brown bermuda shorts and brown trousers waist around 25".

4andnotout Sun 13-Jul-08 16:59:05

I'll sort them all out next week and list sizes and measurements as some of the supposidly older ones are actually the smallest hmm

muggglewump Sun 13-Jul-08 17:03:09

Cheers, much appreciated

avenanap Sun 13-Jul-08 19:57:33

Keep bumping ladies. smile

Swedes Sun 13-Jul-08 20:01:36

I've got an invisibility cloak and a Quidditch stick.

DanJARMouse Sun 13-Jul-08 20:03:28

Havent got any to give as DD1 starts in september, but I would quite like 1 or 2 age 4-5/5-6 red gingham dresses.

have been trying to find some locally and its all age 7 and above!

If anyone can help, can they please mail me on lindsaymccafferty @ yahoo . co . uk

thanks a million!

avenanap Sun 13-Jul-08 20:03:29

PMSL! Be nice! Parents in need here!

I'd love the invisibility cloak please. grin

Swedes Sun 13-Jul-08 20:05:13

I have some Start-Rite boy's black lace-ups in (big) size 8.5G. My 12 year old son wore them for 2 days and said they were too tight - we had him remeasured and sure enough his feet had grown some more.

Free for postage.

QueenMeabhOfConnaught Sun 13-Jul-08 20:05:51

I have an unopened packet of 3 M&S white polo shirts (100% cotton) in size 4 years (104cm or 3ft 5in).

avenanap Sun 13-Jul-08 20:06:54

Wow swedes. I would have taken them back. They can't have grown that much in 2 days. maybe the assistant didn't measure them correctly.

Hulababy Sun 13-Jul-08 20:15:31

I have a fair few pairs of school tights in white, grey and red Think they are all size 5-6, but need to go and check. Will check how many too.

Also have dozens of pairs of girls p ants age 6-7 if anyone wants them, even if just for spares.

All free for postage.

Swedes Sun 13-Jul-08 20:15:58

Avennap - In all fairness I bought them about this time last year for the September term. So by the time he went to actually wear them it was 7 weeks later. They have been sitting in the bottom of the wardrobe ever since. They are plain black leather lace ups with a chunky sole.

avenanap Sun 13-Jul-08 20:18:08

They sound nice. I've been looking for black shoes for ds in thhe sale (size 12.5). I couldn't find any though. sad

Califrau Sun 13-Jul-08 20:22:08

what a bloody good idea Avenanap.
I can't join in cos we're too far away. I have to get DS2 uniform as DS1 didn't have any til he was 6 and he was wearing age 8 with a belt then for length. DS2 is tall but nowhere near as tall and is starting with uniform age 5. It's v odd buying clothes for DS2 as DS1 is exactly 3 yr s older than him and I've always just gone to teh garage and got something from a box!

BigBadMousey Sun 13-Jul-08 20:25:58

QueenMeabhOfConnaught - I'd be grateful of your polo shirts - but not got anything to offer you uniform wise as DC1 starts in September.

Cargirl - I'm also after red checked dresses and red zip up cardis size 4-5 but again no uniform to offer in return.

frogs Sun 13-Jul-08 20:44:02

Hulababy, would love the tights and knickers if you're happy to send. Shall I CAT you?

Hulababy Sun 13-Jul-08 20:45:01

Please. Can sort them this week for you as we are now on holidays so have a bit more spare time

or email: claire.king13(at)btinternet.com

frogs Sun 13-Jul-08 22:22:18

Have emailed you, Hula. smile

Hulababy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:25:07

OK; will look out for it and email back, hopefully tomorrow.

cheesesarnie Sun 13-Jul-08 22:26:01

this is great idea!will check tomorrow!

BigBadMousey- i know i defiantly have atleast one dress in red check-will check size but prety sure 4-5 or 5-6.and maybe red cardis if youd like them.

noddyholder Sun 13-Jul-08 22:27:22

I have 4 aged 12 white boys polos still ok condition if anyone wants them xx

saltire Sun 13-Jul-08 22:30:57

I have 2 pairs (or possibly 1)of George trousers, adjustable waist, size 11/12.

CarGirl Mon 14-Jul-08 13:20:35

Big Bad Mousy You can have my red stuff, I was wonderin if I could have the polo shirts from Queen instead of you though as my youngest is too small to use her sister's old ones - I am having to buy new uniform for 3 children this September and then for my 4th in a years time (I am sooooooooooo fed up about it!)

Anyhow email me on miffybump at msn dot com about the dresses and cardi's

QueenMeabhOfConnaught Mon 14-Jul-08 15:12:22

Big Bad Mousy - happy to send you the shirts.
My email address is queenmeabhofconnaught@googlemail.com (that's huge isn't it?).

herbietea Mon 14-Jul-08 15:56:56

Swedes please can I have the shoes?
my email is themasons dot 1 at btinternet dot co dot uk.

I have some white polo shirts M&S, Next and Trutex to fit 11-12 years will be able to send next week when DS has broken up.
I also have a pair of grey trutex boys shorts age 11 -12 years with the labels still on!
All free for postage

tiredemma Mon 14-Jul-08 15:59:21

I have two pairs of age 7 boys Next Charcoal grey trousers

And two pairs of the same but age 3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now