This topic is for members who want to be a part of organised swaps with other members. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic here

The school uniform swapsie thread. Lets give each other a helping hand!

(94 Posts)
avenanap Sat 12-Jul-08 20:36:22

I've not done this before so please bear with me. Sorry if I should have asked mn blush

Please fill in if there's something you have spare of and there's something you need for your dc's school uniform. They can be so expensive so lets give each other a helping hand. smile

Many, many thanks. Good condition please!

I have several Trutex boys shirts, short and long sleeve, sizes 29cm/11.5 inch neck, a brown stringy pully top pe bag and am in need of navy blue pe shorts (age 8)/ craft apron if anyone can help. I also have some brown bermuda shorts and brown trousers waist around 25".

NigellaTheOriginal Sat 12-Jul-08 20:38:06

good idea. will check the depths of the wardrobes later.

avenanap Sat 12-Jul-08 20:41:47

Trutex shirts are biscuit colour by the way.

Thanks Nigella smile

MarsLady Sat 12-Jul-08 20:44:06

Good idea. Will attempt to sort through mine (though the DTs start in September so I may be more of a taker than a giver... hmm no change there then!)wink

IllegallyBrunette Sat 12-Jul-08 20:45:17

I may have some stuff to give away, will have to have a sort through next week.

I don't need anything back though.

lilyloo Sat 12-Jul-08 20:46:11

ooh good idea i have a couple of plain white polo shirts that are age 5 but on the small side from M&S. I could do with plain white t shirts age 6/7 and black pe pumps size 13.

Will check if i have anything else.

suwoo Sat 12-Jul-08 20:47:17

I have 4 girls pale blue and white check summer dresses age 4-5 immaculate due to no summer angry

IllegallyBrunette Sat 12-Jul-08 20:47:34

I have a bag full of pumps somewhere, but do you think I can find them.

avenanap Sat 12-Jul-08 22:13:07

frogs Sat 12-Jul-08 22:14:47

suwoo, would love the checked dresses if they're going begging? Would they fit an average-sized reception child?

SoupDragon Sat 12-Jul-08 22:20:55

I can probably rustle up some boys grey combat style trousers and shorts in age 5-6. They've been through 2 SmallDragons but are wearable. And free.

SoupDragon Sat 12-Jul-08 22:21:23

iamsoupdragon at blueyonder dot co dot uk

charliecat Sat 12-Jul-08 22:22:41

I have age 4 green checked dress.

I have 3 pairs of boys navy mothercare trousers age 3-4. They were given to me by a friend but ds needs grey. Knees are in good conditionsmile

suwoo Sat 12-Jul-08 22:34:10

Frogs, yes DD had them in reception. She is small to average. CAT me.

frogs Sat 12-Jul-08 22:36:46

Have done, suwoo. smile

BigBadMousey Sat 12-Jul-08 22:41:37

I don't have anything to offer that I can think of right now but I'll keep watching on case a post jogs my memory. If anyone has a grey pinafore dress for a 4 year old I'd be grateful for it though.

avenanap Sun 13-Jul-08 13:09:57

bump.

CarGirl Sun 13-Jul-08 14:53:46

I have red & white school dresses in many sizes and would love to swap for pink ones as they've changed the uniform angry

Plus I've got some red zip up cardi's and red plain sweatshirts for the same reason - various ages primary school.

FunkyNora Sun 13-Jul-08 15:13:20

Hey Avenap, thanks for doing this thread. I have a pair of brand new (with tags) PE unisex shorts, size 20" waist. They look like they'll fit about age 6.

Also a grey school skirt unworn to fit aged 3-4.

nora dot funky at googlemail dot com

FunkyNora Sun 13-Jul-08 16:27:08

Bumping this thread and found some more to add:

2 girls blue polo tops age 3-4
1 girls white polo tops age 2-3
4 pairs black socks unworn.

ALL FOR FREE, I DONT NEED ANYTHING IN RETURN.

muggglewump Sun 13-Jul-08 16:32:28

I don't have anything to offer right now but I would like grey skirts/pinafores/trousers for a 7yr old girl.
Also yellow polos.
In a month or so I will be able to offer her summer dresses

charliecat Sun 13-Jul-08 16:35:11

Oh I need a pair of girls age 10 PE short. Black.

4andnotout Sun 13-Jul-08 16:48:28

As of next week i will have about 7 blue and white checked dresses ranging from 7-10 years but all worn by a v.tall 6 year old. Will also have a full Gt Massingham vc primary uniform if by a long shot there are any local mnetters grin

muggglewump Sun 13-Jul-08 16:56:58

I'd like the dresses please 4andnotout
DD will be 7 next month and won't need them till next summer but would it be OK to get the bigger ones now?
As I said I will be offerring hers soon. I'm in Scotland so they go back to school mid August and I don't want to give them away yet as if we get really warm weather she'll need them for the new term.
(probably I went on a bit too much there but I don't want anyone to think I'm taking but not giving)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now