This topic is for members who want to be a part of organised swaps with other members. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic here

Christmas Swap

(26 Posts)
lillypie Thu 04-Nov-10 14:09:15

Are we doing one this year?

champs Fri 17-Dec-10 19:00:59

just updating,
we will have to have swap in new year as not enough sign ups.

Please email details over if you want to join new yer swapa

champs Sun 05-Dec-10 03:36:54

hi all!
I have details from loubeedoo

I'll keep sign up open Till wednesday and hopefully that will give more people a chance to join in

AddictedToRadley I really hope snow thaws for you and you have a fantastic Christmas.

Sorry but I'm going to have to pull out of the swap. sad
We're completely snowed in!! I live on a main A road but can't get out of my driveway as the snow/ice is that bad. Hope you all have lots of fun and a fab Christmas. Please wish me luck that it all thaws enough so I can get to the airport on 11th Dec or I won't be going to sunny Cuba. hmm

brookeslay Fri 03-Dec-10 15:52:04

me too i`m in !! waves from Snowy Shropshire

loubeedoo Fri 03-Dec-10 15:51:35

Can you count me in please?

Sounds fun and exciting!!!!

TIA

maypole1 Fri 03-Dec-10 15:48:49

oh sounds fun can i make somthing.....

or dose it have to be a brought presant

i would like to join in

ChristmasTrulyReigns Thu 02-Dec-10 23:15:17

I wonder if MNHQ could put a sticky on it?

I'm up for it and staying in the snowy midlands for the foreseeable future. envy

AnyFuleKno Wed 01-Dec-10 14:52:27

I really like this idea, can we drum up a bit more interest?

champs Wed 01-Dec-10 14:50:01

What a fabby present!

Shall we say sign up by Friday noon and I can send details out in the evening? That way ATR will be able to join in?

Please send derails to mnswaps at yahoo dot co dot uk

If we don't start soon I'll have to pull out I'm afraid sad as I've been given an early Christmas present which is a fortnight all inclusive in Cuba grin
we go on 12th Dec til 27th so would need to send and receive presents before the 10th Dec.
If we're doing this I won't have time to organise it so if Champs or anyone else wants to organise I'm happy.

sounds fun grin

I am doing a secret santa with a group of friends and we have used Elfster to draw names - it is fab! Enjoy

champs Fri 26-Nov-10 19:57:08

Bumpity Bump wink

champs Wed 24-Nov-10 00:09:44

Hi everyone! We must be on the same wavelength cos I was just thinking about a swap and came to see if anyone was up for it. I did feel like a cheeky mare tho as I haven't been on here for ages.

Anyway.... I still waffle on as you can see.

We have a small amount of time but can do it if we get a shift on, if you'll still have me I dint mind sorting it out or if someone else is doing it I'd love to sign up please!

ChristmasTrulyReigns Thu 18-Nov-10 00:25:50

Me too.

<<hopes she doesn't grt matched with the nutmeg who keeps raving about the self-stirring travel mug>>

NotShortImPomBearSized Sun 14-Nov-10 23:29:58

And me grin

AnyFuleKno Sun 14-Nov-10 23:25:25

me too

BexieID Sun 14-Nov-10 23:11:46

I'd be up for this too.

From what I can gather an organiser takes everyone's details ie address real name mn name etc and then gives a mumsnetters details to another so they can send a present. You are given a budget of say £10 which you can go over but don't expect the person sending to you to do the same as the person you send to and the person you give to are different a bit like a postal secret Santa. You're given a deadline which you must post the gift by then you sit back and wait like a child at Xmas to receive your present. You can if you wish tell the person it's from you but it can be anonymous too. Oh and you must tell the organiser your likes dislikes allergies etc if you don't want to end up with something that contains nuts and chocolate if you're allergic to nuts and are on a diet!! Lol

I hope more people join as it sounds so much fun. I'd even offer myself up as an organiser if there was absolutely nobody else to do it!!

NotAnotherChinHair Thu 11-Nov-10 12:12:41

What does it involve? (sorry, newbie-ish here)

lillypie Sat 06-Nov-10 10:25:53

grin

BangingNoise Sat 06-Nov-10 08:29:52

It might just be the three of us grin

I'd be interested!

lillypie Fri 05-Nov-10 08:30:02

It's getting a little late now but maybe somemore people will turn up soon and we get get it sorted.

BangingNoise Fri 05-Nov-10 08:02:26

I had hoped so, and someone did offer to organise it a while back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now