This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

UK MNer - share your predictions for the John Lewis Christmas TV ad - £50 to be won! NOW CLOSED

(68 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Sep-16 11:42:30

Here at MNHQ, and just for fun, we’d like to see whether you can successfully predict what this year’s John Lewis Christmas ad will look like smile

This survey is open to all UK Mumsnetters. Everyone who completes the survey will be put into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £50 voucher (for their store of choice (inc JL grin)).

Here's the link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9H3T55M

Thanks

MNHQ

ChippyMinton Thu 15-Sep-16 13:19:51

Done
PS Merry Christmas Ann wink It's never to early!

Kriek Thu 15-Sep-16 14:00:22

Also done - Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you are keeping well Chippy

<tries to create an iced version of mulled wine> <realises that's almost sangria so is happy>

LazySusan11 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:38:08

Let's hope it's better than last years, that was pap! grin

SideOrderofChip Thu 15-Sep-16 16:10:59

Why don't you ever have he Channel Islands as a region!!

Mycatsabastard Thu 15-Sep-16 19:40:29

Definitely reckon it will upbeat/funny this year. It's been tear jerkers two years in a row with the other big names competing in the same genre.

I reckon they'll go traditional family route this year with lots of capers and stuff.

HoneyDragon Thu 15-Sep-16 19:49:58

No breathy annoyingly voiced butchering of a perfectly good song. Something with a marketable character, donations to charity forthwith for purchase.

I reckon a generational family thing and a raggedy old bear.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Thu 15-Sep-16 20:02:14

Well I did it as well as I could but my actual prediction is a man wearing a cabled wool hat and wool jumper and big boots looking for a Christmas tree in a large forest filmed in a Nordic noir yet still upbeat manner. Maybe black and white. Til the end when they bring colour in as the punchline.

Man, I'm wasted here at home!!!!!

Theimpossiblegirl Thu 15-Sep-16 21:11:52

My prediction is that it will be Christmassy and divide opinion. There will be associated merchandise and al song.
fsmile

Theimpossiblegirl Thu 15-Sep-16 21:12:22

*a song

Akire Thu 15-Sep-16 22:01:56

Do you have to have a child to do it like the other prize surveys here? There is no 0 child option

HoneyDragon Fri 16-Sep-16 07:51:28

I think there should be a Mumsnet one where the fed up mother LTBs and "goes to a Spa".

TheImprobableGirl Fri 16-Sep-16 09:37:29

I think it'll be sporty because of the olympics/Paralympics this year in Rio. Maybe Chris hoy burning Christmas dinner or something!

OhNoNotMyBaby Fri 16-Sep-16 09:43:45

I'd love to see a remake of a my favourite children's book, which I loved reading to the DCs when they were little.

It was about decorating a tree in the middle of a forest. There were lots of animals involved in that - can't remember the title. The book is in a cupboard somewhere.

Oh! just remembered - and Father Christmas and the donkey

Now that has to be perfect for the JL advert!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Sep-16 10:57:53

SideOrderofChip

Why don't you ever have he Channel Islands as a region!!

have added now - we always used to have them on the list, not sure why they vanished!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Sep-16 10:58:17

Akire

Do you have to have a child to do it like the other prize surveys here? There is no 0 child option

have added that as an answer

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Sep-16 10:59:47

ChippyMinton

Done
PS Merry Christmas Ann wink It's never to early!

and back to you....smile

torthecatlady Fri 16-Sep-16 11:25:07

I also think it will be sporty!! I hope it will be another tearjerker though!
Oh God, that sainsbury's ad last year of Mog had me in pieces, bringing back so many childhood memories.

torthecatlady Fri 16-Sep-16 11:28:41

Three of my fave things mentioned here!

Christmas, John Lewis and Mumsnet of course!

sharond101 Fri 16-Sep-16 11:50:26

Something with Santa visiting a sick child

RockinHippy Fri 16-Sep-16 12:10:50

My prediction is that it will be cheesy, multicultural & play on the refugee crisis in a tear jerking, but heartwarming way

weeblueberry Fri 16-Sep-16 14:10:30

I really really really want a post apocalyptic version of A Christmas Carol now!! grin

itmustbemyage Fri 16-Sep-16 15:39:50

A break from the tearjerkers would be good I would love to see something like mum and dad being ill one Christmas and having to get out of bed feeling all rubbish and dreading the day ahead. Only to find their adorably cute kids have put up the Christmas tree all wonky, wrapped the presents all in a muddle and made sandwiches for Christmas dinner on fabulous Christmas plates from John Lewis. Lots of laughs and jolly music I may have given too much thought to this.

slug Fri 16-Sep-16 15:47:10

I predict the theme will be around a comically incompetent single father who can't manage anything Christmassy. Mrs Claus (or possibly an angel) sees him struggling so arranges it for a refugee family to be re-settled in his house and the mother (it can't be a Christmas ad without a bit of good lod fashioned sexism) takes over producing a non-traditional feast. the last scene will be a charming, soft focus multicultural meal complete with gambolling children and piles of perfectly wrapped presents.

Cheesecakefactory Fri 16-Sep-16 16:19:49

I think it will focus on achievement, determination and team spirit after the wonderful success of the British Team at the Olympics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now