This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

Survey-time: open to all UK MNers with at least one child in primary school: £100 to be won!

(18 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Sep-16 11:24:36

We'd love to know what you think about presents for teachers.

Please complete this survey - it's open to all UK MNers who have at least one child in primary school.

Please add your details at the end and you'll be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £100 John Lewis voucher.

Here's the link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9ZD95RP

Thank you and good luck!

MNHQ

RiverTam Thu 15-Sep-16 16:59:50

Done, but why are the card options only for homemade? We buy cards for teachers, are we the only ones to do so?

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Thu 15-Sep-16 21:40:48

Sadly there was no option for 'Yes, the parents at my school do club together for class presents for teachers but I choose not to participate as they are scary and ridiculous and I run away when I see them coming across the playground, besides, I do not feel that a mug with his name spelled incorrectly really conveys my appreciation of his hard work throughout the year'.

But that is the one that would have earned my click.

Wend74 Thu 15-Sep-16 21:59:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Whohasnickedmyvodka Fri 16-Sep-16 07:41:47

Done

There is a cost to homemade gifts in ingredients etc and I'm not sure the questions really reflect that.

PartiallyStars Fri 16-Sep-16 10:56:11

Done, but there should be a "sometimes" - we don't "generally" give homemade presents, but neither do we do that "no not at all", the same with the class subscription, it depends on the year group/ age.

FeelingSmurfy Fri 16-Sep-16 12:43:09

Question 4 - homemade gifts still have a cost to them (ingredients etc)

shouldwestayorshouldwego Fri 16-Sep-16 22:38:35

Yes homemade gifts cost time and money. Plus sometimes we do a combination - e.g sew a bag and put some items into it.

Tonkatol Sun 18-Sep-16 03:02:32

Found the options for answers too rigid - as others have previously said, we buy cards rather than make them but there was no option for that. Similarly, sometimes we have had class collections but not always. Also, I only buy or make gifts for teachers if my DD wants to - there have been a couple of years when I have not bought them anything, whereas at the end of the current academic year, I spent more than I ever normally would, purely because of the involvement with the teacher over the school year and the fact that I wanted to show my appreciation. Finally, we tend to buy presents and cards at primary school but it tends to die out once they reach secondary school and have a number of different teachers.

DropZoneOne Sun 18-Sep-16 09:28:41

No option to say you've done both. For reception and year one, I baked personalised cakes for the teachers because they'd been very supportive of my child, helping work through some challenges. My husband did the school run and the yr 1 teacher cried when DD gave her the cake box!
The rest of the years I've given to class collections. Part of it is time, part of it is not feeling as close to those teachers.

Ilikesweetpeas Sun 18-Sep-16 20:35:49

Done, as others said the survey is very rigid

Done

Knockmesideways Mon 19-Sep-16 18:28:51

Yep, question 4 is the 'baddie' for me too. DS gave a hand painted mug - so it's home made. But the mug wasn't. I got it from Yellow Moon and he painted it. So there's a cost.

jetSTAR Wed 21-Sep-16 16:28:01

done

Lullabullacoo Thu 22-Sep-16 17:46:47

We do a class card, organised by the parent rep for the class. We all give £5 and organise a voucher for a M&S or a company they like (a class parent works in the school so we are advised which voucher to get). It saves teacher getting 20 boxes of chocs etc & easier for us !

Memoires Thu 22-Sep-16 23:23:43

Done, but I think it was badly constructed.

onitlikeacarbonnet Wed 28-Sep-16 22:58:13

Done.
If I think the survey was ace,do I win? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now