This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

UK MNer with at least one child: complete a survey about tech in education: £100 to be won NOW CLOSED

(16 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Jan-16 12:23:10

We want to find out a bit about what Mumsnetters think about the value of new technology in children’s education.

This survey is open to all MNers who have at least one child.

Complete the survey and add your details at the end and one winner will get a £100 Love2Shop voucher as a token of thanks.

Here's the link again www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6XJ9B33

Thank you
MNHQ

Trying to answer this survey on an android phone but the radio buttons seem to be set up vertically instead of horizontally so that I can only choose one measure as 'very effective' one as 'neither effective or ineffective'. Is this intentional?

InMySpareTime Tue 12-Jan-16 15:01:02

It's the same on an iPod, my Q2 answers are limited by what category was left.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Jan-16 15:12:26

Sorry blush - fixed now....thanks

fuzzpig Wed 13-Jan-16 14:06:24

Done. Hope it's ok that my DCs are no longer in school (home ed) - the school related questioned I just answered as I would if they were still in school. If that makes sense!

CremeEggThief Wed 13-Jan-16 14:10:53

Completed. Thanks MNHQ.

HeadDreamer Wed 13-Jan-16 15:12:03

I don't think the answers really reflects my opinion.

With regard to educational screen time. DD1 has duck duck moose and the phonics apps on her android tablet. It does help her with phonics and numbers, but only if we sit with her doing it. Just like if we sit with her doing her flash cards or reading her books. If we let her play it herself, then she just game the app by random guessing until she gets the right answer! Hardly educational is it?

So I don't think the answer really is educational vs non educational screen time. Just leaving your kid watching numberjacks or playing duck duck moose is hardly educational, IMHO, even though in this survey would be classified as educational screen time.

ThemisA Thu 14-Jan-16 11:45:02

All done - I feel more research needs to be done on the long-term effects (good and bad) on a developing brain.

T4Schools Thu 14-Jan-16 12:41:45

Would you like us to publicise your survey more widely? We could add this to our newsletter which provides info to schools, teachers and parents of the use of tech in education.

We would be very interested in the results of your survey either way!

Thanks

Rumplebelle Thu 14-Jan-16 13:06:57

Done but I agree that the choice of answers were a bit too black and white for a subject with a lot of grey areas.

IonaAilidh11 Thu 14-Jan-16 17:25:50

done

ItsMyFuckingWedding Thu 14-Jan-16 20:15:49

Done smile

Is it my imagination (did I misunderstand) or are questions 1 & 10 the same?

RubySparks Sat 16-Jan-16 11:43:25

Mostly I thought the use of tech in schools is just another tool for teaching. What might be interesting is to look at the teaching of technology, computer science and coding and why there are comparatively few pupils interested in those subjects when the demand for the skills is huge.

Nadienoo1990 Sun 17-Jan-16 13:11:21

Done smile

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Jan-16 11:27:38

anthromum wins the £100 voucher - well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now