This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Who would like mumsnet to go back to the old mobile site?

(130 Posts)
Kablooger Thu 21-Aug-14 06:11:17

Survey here! wink

Perfectlypurple Thu 21-Aug-14 06:12:22

Me. I'd love it to go back.

despite the fact I hate change, no. I think onve ive worked a few things out it loooks a lot nicer

drinkyourmilk Thu 21-Aug-14 06:16:26

Me! I feel it's harder to read. Maybe it will stop me wasting so much time on here though.

PinkAndBlueBedtimeBears Thu 21-Aug-14 06:17:54

Me, but with some work this version could be better..

a lot of work

But the chances of MNHQ listening to the mass consensus of what we want changing? Slim..

ThePoisonwoodBible Thu 21-Aug-14 06:18:21

Not me. I like it. Change is hard but in a few days I will be used to it.

NickiFury Thu 21-Aug-14 06:28:43

No it's fine.

If the advert is removed so that the screen size is bigger then maybe it can stay. At the moment it's like reading through a letterbox.

NewEraNewMindset Thu 21-Aug-14 06:30:43

If like it to have some shading instead of the white. Like one reply white, the next grey or something. Give my eyes a rest.

WeAreEternal Thu 21-Aug-14 06:33:55

It's too much, all the drop down menus and the ads locked to the top of the screen, it's like an app, I don't like it.
It also takes way too long to load pages.
I hate not having the top/report/reply/bookmark buttons right there to press.
And OPs post hilighted.
And it's too white.

I'll be using the desktop site on my phone/iPad from now on.

FabulousSweetieDarling Thu 21-Aug-14 06:36:05

No, I like the new one

ihatethecold Thu 21-Aug-14 06:43:33

Don't like it all all.
It's really hard to read now.

lettertoherms Thu 21-Aug-14 06:47:50

Yes, please.

It's way too hard to read, and impossible to use. I can't even post from my phone now. The white gives me a headache, the ads are intrusive, and the buttons are nonsensical.

The old mobile was a fantastic mobile site, and the reason I used MN, as I did 90% of my mning from my phone. It had some features that needed tweaking, not an overhaul. The new site is unusable.

JollyGolightly Thu 21-Aug-14 06:56:51

Yes please put it back.

Davinaaddict Thu 21-Aug-14 07:00:27

I hate it! I stopped using the app because it was a pain in the arse to use. The safari version was much better. Now it just looks like a different version of the app, and is harder to read sad Where have the coloured posts gone?

Davinaaddict Thu 21-Aug-14 07:00:48

Oh and sack off the adverts as well please!

McFox Thu 21-Aug-14 07:02:37

Not me. I like it, it's much sleeker and more user friendly.

HairyPorter Thu 21-Aug-14 07:05:40

I am still reeling in shock. It's harder to read individual posts. Too slick imo

Need my coloured posts back. And my show all button. And to lose that bar at the bottom as it makes it hard to go back on my iphone. And an obvious bookmark that I don't need to search for

Spinaroo Thu 21-Aug-14 07:13:20

Me- you can't see the last few replies if the threads you're on at a glance.

meglet Thu 21-Aug-14 07:15:33

Me. It doesn't work properly on my blackberry. My laptop is getting old and crashes all the time so most of my mn-ing was done from my phone, now I can't do that sad.

Total nightmare.

MrsKranky Thu 21-Aug-14 07:18:04

I want the coloured posts back, and rid of the fixed ad at the top (I have NO interest in a fiat 500hmm )

Otherwise I might get used to it....

Fairylea Thu 21-Aug-14 07:18:49

I'd love the old one back but there's no way they're going to do that. This one is just awful.

Kablooger Thu 21-Aug-14 07:18:52

THE HIDE BUTTON. And coloured op

Kablooger Thu 21-Aug-14 07:19:06

Oh. That's working now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now