Please note: This topic is for discussions about the surveys Mumsnet is running. It's not the place for promoting other surveys or market-research requests. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a (largish-scale) survey about your product or business on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Are you the parent of a disabled child in the UK? Please complete a survey for Scope - you could win £100

(32 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jan-14 14:12:34

We have been asked by the charity, Scope, to find MNers who have a disabled child to complete their survey.

They say "this survey is open to anyone in the UK who has any disabled children under the age of 18 with any longstanding physical, developmental or mental impairment, illness or condition. By ‘longstanding’ we mean anything that has affected your child or children over a period of at least 12 months or that is likely to affect them over a period of at least 12 months. If you have more than one disabled child, please answer thinking about your oldest disabled child who is under the age of 18.

We want to hear about your experiences of accessing mainstream activities, groups and services for your disabled child.

The Government’s Children and Families Bill is currently passing through Parliament, providing a good opportunity to address the issues affecting many families.

But we need your help! Please fill in our Parents? Experiences survey to help us raise awareness of the issues faced by disabled children and the parents of disabled children. The survey will only take around five minutes to complete".

Everyone who takes part will be entered into the prize draw, where one lucky winner will receive £100 in shopping vouchers. These can be spent in all major high street shops, as well as supermarkets, restaurants and even travel agents.

Here's the link again

thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Merrythulu Fri 31-Jan-14 12:59:13

Done - and yes, it's highlighted to me how little my DS's do/will be able to do outside of school compared with my NT children. And yes, just being given a wad of paperwork on charities, benefits and information when your child is diagnosed isn't v helpful - DS3 was diagnosed last year in the late summer, and I still haven't gone through his load - so much so that when DS4 was diagnosed before Xmas, I had to admit I hadn't gone through much of it yet to the same Doctor! <Way to make me feel like a bad parent>

inappropriatelyemployed Fri 31-Jan-14 13:26:40

Absolute lack of clubs for children with AS and similar difficulties.

So you end up with them not being able to access mainstream or 'special' clubs.

RightRoyalPainInTheArse Wed 05-Feb-14 12:38:51

Agree ie, no clubs with lots of others work particularly well.

JenBehavingBadly Fri 07-Feb-14 15:30:08

When I click on the link it tells me that the survey has been closed. Why are you still linking to it?

AmberLeaf Fri 07-Feb-14 16:13:46

Oh. How disappointing that it's now closed.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Feb-14 18:04:58

sorry - will close off this thread now.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Feb-14 10:19:58

Hi - winner has been selected and Scope are getting in touch with them today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now