This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Whoever is in charge of surveys, is this the place to comment or

(12 Posts)
Maryz Mon 02-Sep-13 09:14:25

should I start a thread in Site Stuff.

Just wondering whether you could make it clear at the beginning of a survey if it isn't relevant to non-UK mumsnetters.

I'm getting a bit pissed off filling in a whole survey and finding that the last question is "where do you live" and having only UK possibilities. Or discovering that it isn't open to me.

It's put me off clicking on most surveys, because I feel I'm wasting my time, and that I probably won't be included in the draws for prizes.

MasterFlea Mon 02-Sep-13 11:17:36

Me too, Maryz. I got to the end of one today and shouldn't have bothered my arse.

MasterFlea Mon 02-Sep-13 11:21:09

And a few weeks ago i asked on one competition if it open to non-Ukers. I entered after a few days of not hearing back but it would've been nice to know.

FarelyKnuts Mon 02-Sep-13 11:33:25

Can I 2nd (3rd/4th?) that?? Bearing a slight grudge at how few surveys the Irish contingent are included in! hmm

Maryz Mon 02-Sep-13 12:00:32

Oh goody, not just me.

I am feeling quite curmudgeonly about it.

FarelyKnuts Mon 02-Sep-13 12:12:22

Not just you. It annoys me even more when I get invited to do the surveys and then find out! Why? Its just teasing that is!

Tee2072 Mon 02-Sep-13 12:43:01

Do they not all say at the very top, in the description, who is qualified? I thought they all did, I could be wrong.

Maryz Mon 02-Sep-13 13:29:42

No they don't tee.

They do sometimes specifically exclude non-UK, and I have much less of a no problem with that.

It's the ones where you fill in the whole thing and the last question is "where do you live" with only UK options that get me.

Tee2072 Mon 02-Sep-13 14:54:19

Well that sucks!

Maryz Wed 04-Sep-13 16:14:59

So, I take it this is the wrong place to start this thread as they can't be arsed to reply

grin

I suppose I could report it [sigh]

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 16:41:11

It's me you're looking for!

Sorry - we only just saw your thread
Anyway very sorry if this is not made clear at the very start of the survey - certainly it's always our intention to do this and I am very sorry if we have missed this off on some surveys.

Will ensure we do this from now on.
thanks

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 16:43:22

And do you mean surveys on site or via the panel?
Panel folks we normally pre select only folks who have told us they are in the UK anyway for UK only surveys. If this keeps happening via the panel could you drop me a line with your location? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now