Please note: This topic is for discussions about the surveys Mumsnet is running. It's not the place for promoting other surveys or market-research requests. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a (largish-scale) survey about your product or business on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Ever taken the Low-Carb boot camp on MN? Ever lurked or thought about it? Share your thoughts here...

(84 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Jun-13 13:21:43

Since BIWI started the low-carb Bootcamp, interest amongst Mumsnetters has been consistently high. Over 400 of you have taken part so far ? and that's not counting all those who are lurking at the back and haven't quite dared yet to put their name on the weight loss spreadsheet!

We'd like to make Bootcamp even better from here on in, and would really value the opinions of all of you who have tried or completed it - if you have please complete a short survey here. Actually even the opinions and impressions of Bootcamp amongst those of you who haven't yet been lured in are welcome grin.

There's a £50 voucher to be won by anyone who completes the survey and adds their details at the end.

If you've just seen something about the camp but not yet taken part please share any thoughts you have about it on this thread.

Thanks
MNHQ

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Fri 02-Aug-13 14:40:51

Woo hoo! Well done, loopyloou flowers

And a big thank you to everyone who took the time to fill in the survey. It is much appreciated.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Aug-13 12:08:22

Hi - thanks for all the responses - certainly food (gettit!) for thought!
loopyloou has been selected as the winner of the £50 Amazon voucher.

sybilfaulty Mon 29-Jul-13 09:13:03

Done, belatedly.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Tue 23-Jul-13 15:34:37

Any more for any more?

If you have ever done Bootcamp, even if you didn't complete it, we would really appreciate your views.

thank you flowers

Eglute Mon 22-Jul-13 20:25:49

Sorry I think I posted my message on the wron thread.....

Eglute Mon 22-Jul-13 20:09:11

Hi everybody,

I have completed my second day of low carb woe. So far so good. I'm feeling happy and not hungry at all. I thought maybe I'm doing something wrong as its too good to be true.
I haven't counted carbs today but I probably should start doing so. Although I find it very frustrating ( counting kcal, carbs, points etc)

Could somebody please tell me if my meals are correct and ok smile

B fried egg with bacon and asparagus + a bit of mayo
L rocket salad with 100g of feta and 4 tomatoes with olive oil and avocado/garlic/yogurt dip
D chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella ( just a tiny bit of it) and homemade coleslaw. ( almost no carrots and onions. Mainly white cabbage with vinegar, oil and mayo)

Tell me I will lose weigh if I carry on eating like that and I'm in heaven smile

Thank you

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Fri 19-Jul-13 23:50:49

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, Linda? That's a really valuable site, and one I link to regularly. So how does it help re Bootcamp?

LindaDonahue Fri 19-Jul-13 13:28:31

one can have lots of options on below mentioned website:
lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbmenus1/Low_Carb_Menus.htm

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Thu 18-Jul-13 10:16:03

Thanks, Crabby!

CrabbyBigBottom Thu 18-Jul-13 09:30:45

Bumping again for you BIWI (I've already done it).

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 15-Jul-13 18:37:56

Bumping this to see if we can get a few more of you to fill it in!

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Thu 11-Jul-13 08:16:31

No need for anything special! Just need to make sure you have emptied your fridge/cupboards of all that high carb stuff.

Join the chat thread and we'll help you get your mojo back.

LewisFan Wed 10-Jul-13 23:17:42

thanks BIWI

I've low-carbed before when my mum paid for a personal trainer for me for a few months... I lost 2st in 10 weeks, but I've lost my mojo, so to speak

I will join - do I need anything special?

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Wed 10-Jul-13 22:42:55

Best thing to do, Odriscoll, is to have a look at the rules which are on one of the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet

The idea of Bootcamp is that it's simple/easy to follow.

And if you have any questions, come and join us on the current chat thread. We've just finished the latest Bootcamp, but this is the ongoing support thread.

Any questions, just ask!

Odriscoll71 Wed 10-Jul-13 22:39:44

Hi all thinking of giving the bootcamp a go any advice and tips on getting started??

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Wed 10-Jul-13 22:21:11

LewisFan - Bootcamp is on Mumsnet so it's virtual. Which means it's easily accessible!

We've just finished the latest one but this is the ongoing chat thread.

If you look at the OP you'll see the spreadsheet that we use - you're welcome to add your name if you want to.

You don't need to! But if you look at the tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet you will see Bootcamp rules. Just 10 of them, and the idea is to make it really easy to low carb.

LewisFan Wed 10-Jul-13 21:26:01

oops I meant NOT done the survey

LewisFan Wed 10-Jul-13 21:25:26

WHERE is this boot camp? is it in real life or on here? (can't get to London / anywhere!)

TELL MEEEEE!

I have 10st to lose sad to get to a "healthy" 11st.... (I'm 5ft7 and of large frame - am certainly not petite!) and am TERRIFIED...

What if I go all wobbly?!

<ps, done the survey>

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Tue 09-Jul-13 17:32:50

I have filled out the survey. Re the cost of things - I have put down that I would expect to pay for eg personalised support from Bootcamp leaders (which sounds AMAZING) but it would really have to not cost very much for me to be able to afford it, iyswim.

I need to get back on the wagon - keep restarting on a Monday and falling off on a Friday and all weekend!

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Tue 09-Jul-13 09:01:06
BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Tue 09-Jul-13 09:00:42

I'm bumping this back into Active Convos - please, if you have ever done Bootcamp or lurked at the back, please fill in the survey!

GreatBags Mon 08-Jul-13 07:21:36

I lurked extensively and then had some questions answered by BIWI (thank you btw). I did it for 2 weeks and lost 8lbs which was amazing especially as it lessened the stubborn fat that I have always collected around my middle. I had lost weight through WW last year but had got stuck in a cycle of binging and was constantly 5lbs off/5lbs on.
I only have to lose a few more pounds but must admit I am so much more happy with my new body shape that I have relaxed a bit so have not lost anymore. However the main problem this has caused me is sugar cravings. I don't really miss rice, bread, potatoes which I would binge on in a WW fail. I am starting again today as I want to be back on track for my holiday in 2 weeks.
As for changing my life: I can wear clothes I haven't fitted into for years, I have my confidence back and am having more sex with my husband. All without feeling like I have had to starve myself.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Sun 07-Jul-13 14:09:14

Ooooh - yes please to expenses-paid trip to Australia! grin

hazchem Sun 07-Jul-13 07:54:01

I've filled in the survey. I came onto Low carb to have a winge and found this so feel better reading other success stories!
Just had a thought if you do decided to have meetings or some training or something like that can Mumsnet fly BIWI out to Australia for -- a all expenses paid holiday-- training -- were I get to meet her in person-- smile

LondonMe Sat 06-Jul-13 15:23:56

Thank you MrsHerculesPoirot smile I had found the link and added myself. I go on holiday in 3 weeks, and hopefully I can lose a few before I go. I need all the help I can get. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now