Please note: This topic is for discussions about the surveys Mumsnet is running. It's not the place for promoting other surveys or market-research requests. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a (largish-scale) survey about your product or business on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

why when peopel do a survey do they post "done" on the thread

(18 Posts)
JesuslifeinAD33 Sun 10-Apr-11 11:18:08

I think its a safety net; you know you've confirmed your entry cos you can see it, whereas when you enter, your entry just disappears into the mn ether!

jamaisjedors Wed 30-Mar-11 19:08:10

I don't often post on the thread after doing the survey but I WAS wondering if that's why I never win!

withagoat Thu 17-Mar-11 08:45:57

So unless commenting on the thread, it's pointless

I have in the past gone to do a survey only to find my name on the thread - so for me it is a reminder

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Mar-11 12:39:17

Winners are chosen from the folks who add their names at the end of the survey - and are chosen totally at random, no crawling makes a difference!

merryberry Mon 28-Feb-11 23:47:05

and i read your answers over your shoulder shock

gramercy that's what I thought too (in fact just went back onto a survey thread to ask as much because I forgot to go back after doing the survey yesterday blush
maybe MNHQ pick winners based on how nice they've been to them on the thread...

gramercy Mon 28-Feb-11 12:34:26

I have been on MN for years and I never liked to ask why people do this. I just went along with it, vaguely thinking that you don't get put in the hat if you don't post "done".

haha I know Im always like shhhhhhhhhhh when people post done [childish emotion!]

I assume people do it so they can keep track of what ones they've done.

You old fashioned types with your retro MNing.

GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:44:51

oh not for me
am a no sticky gal

Surveys normally have stickies anyway, so they are at the top whether you bump them or not.

GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:42:05

id HIDE sielently on the thread to keep it all to myself

Done.

Dropdeadfred Mon 28-Feb-11 11:33:09

haha..i don't get this either?

GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:31:26

it annoys me now

GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:28:59

surely you DONT want anyone else to do it so they dont win the prize?
i dont get it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now