This topic is for Q&As arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in Site Stuff topic. If want to know about Q&A opportunities, please mail sales@mumsnet.com.

Yellow flower

(11 Posts)
twirlytwit Sat 10-Sep-16 20:24:40

biscuit- what does this signify? I get that the context is unsympathetic/negative but can someone please explain it? Fairly new to MN. Thank you x

Buzzardbird Sat 10-Sep-16 20:26:29

Top tip, we don't 'x' on MN. We don't know you well enough to kiss.

eyebrowsonfleek Sat 10-Sep-16 20:27:40

It's a biscuit (Jammy Dodger)

BIWI Sat 10-Sep-16 20:28:08

It's meant to be a biscuit.

And it signifies 'no comment'.

It was introduced after the infamous web chat with Gordon Brown where he, apparently, consistently refused to answer the (oh so hilarious) Mumsnet question as to what his favourite biscuit was.

Except he wasn't ignoring it. Because he has issues with his vision, other people were reading the questions and deciding which ones to put to him. And the biscuit question was deemed too trivial. (Although if I remember rightly, he did eventually answer it).

It's a very passive aggressive response to a thread.

twirlytwit Sat 10-Sep-16 21:06:28

Oops! Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Hassled Sat 10-Sep-16 21:09:30

What is this topic? I feel like I've entered a dark forgotten stairwell. Does it mean people on MN who are experts about stuff, or people who are experts about MN?

Hassled Sat 10-Sep-16 21:10:59

OK now I've read the blurb that was right there in front of me. I sort of wish it was where the people who keep spreadsheets could regale us with the history of MN.

twirlytwit Sat 10-Sep-16 21:12:16

Out of curiosity how old is MN?

Hassled Sat 10-Sep-16 21:16:38

Started in 2000.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sat 10-Sep-16 21:17:57

To give it a bit more context.... The web chat thread was set up ready, a few MNers were on the thread early.....discussing how mumsnet hq were probably in a state of panic, getting out the best China.... Posh tea.... Nice biscuits.... Oooh, wonder what biscuits hq have got in for Gordon's visit!? What's his favourite? Etc etc......then he arrives on thread.... Er,hello!? Hi. Hq nervously ask if we have any questions to put to the pm....well,er, Gordon.... Do you have a favourite biscuit? then with ice broken we went on to discuss all things politics and world peace.

BIWI Sun 11-Sep-16 09:21:33

But it didn't happen like that MumOnTheRun! There was lots of outrage about how he wouldn't answer the question - but it hadn't even been put to him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now