This topic is for Q&As arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in Site Stuff topic. If want to know about Q&A opportunities, please mail sales@mumsnet.com.

Changing my username - help!

(5 Posts)
user1456943874 Sat 12-Mar-16 13:34:29

I am not sure if this a good place to post..

Can anyone help with how I change my username? I only recently registered. I read the mumsnet instructions, but they don't seem to work for me. The username box is greyed out and I can't over-type with a new one.

Can you only change it after you have posted a couple of threads, for example?

Thanks in advance!

SohowdoIdothis Sat 12-Mar-16 14:41:54

At the top of the page click on "my mumsnet, then 'my account", change user name and go to the bottom add password to secure the name change, and remember to refresh any threads you have open so the new user name appears above the reply box.

user1456943874 Sat 12-Mar-16 15:00:18

Thanks for replying.
The problem is that it won't let me change the text in the username box. The text is just frozen. I have just tried it again on my mobile. No luck.
I might have to email them.
Thanks though ☺

YesEinsteinsMumDid Sat 12-Mar-16 15:22:32

You do know you have to put your password in on your profile page so that the name change is applied. Also there was talk about freezing name change ability for a period after registration. Fook knows whether it was implemented though as I got bored with the discussion and discovered rl shockblush

user1456943874 Sat 12-Mar-16 16:37:31

Yep tried that. As mine is a new account I think the freezing of the name change for new accounts sounds more likely. Thanks for the advice 👍

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now