This topic is for Q&As arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in Site Stuff topic. If want to know about Q&A opportunities, please mail sales@mumsnet.com.

constipation 7 months old

(9 Posts)
louloubelle1991 Sun 06-Mar-16 19:41:57

Hello, my friends little one is 7 months in 5 days she speaks no english so im asking for her, i do have a child myself but im helping her out. She started the nestle lactogen number 2 for her 3 weeks ago but she got horrible constipation. She changed to nursie. She has finished a tin onto tje next but is suffering terribly from constipation.could it be the milk or sign of teething and what can we do to help the little one and releive her from pain.
Thanks

dementedpixie Mon 07-Mar-16 14:31:01

What milk was she on before the first switch? Try going back to that? I gather the baby is on solids? Things like prunes and extra water can help move things along. Avoid baby rice and bananas as they can be constipating

dementedpixie Mon 07-Mar-16 14:33:44

Follow on milks have more iron which can cause constipation and certainly in the uk there is no need to switch to follow on milk as first milk is fine for the first 12 months

louloubelle1991 Mon 07-Mar-16 16:19:00

Hello, she was on lactogen nestle which is number 1 for the first 6 months then number 2 6 months upwards.
No she hasnt put the baby on solids no does she regularly give her water could that also be why?

dementedpixie Mon 07-Mar-16 16:50:35

Does she really need to move to the other milk ? Solids should be started around 6 months old

dementedpixie Mon 07-Mar-16 16:51:09

Is she not in the uk? I haven't heard of those milks and had to Google them

louloubelle1991 Mon 07-Mar-16 17:05:01

No love we live im africa so we get what we can over here. I did warn her not to change milk but she thought constipation was because of the milk. Shes switched back to it.

dementedpixie Mon 07-Mar-16 17:23:16

I would go back to the number 1 milk to see if it helps. Maybe offer some water between feeds too.

louloubelle1991 Mon 07-Mar-16 18:54:50

Yes shes gone back to it. And started giving her water too. Shes also giving her advocado and fresh orange juice abit in the mornings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now