This topic is for Q&As arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in Site Stuff topic. If want to know about Q&A opportunities, please mail sales@mumsnet.com.

Double buggies. Advice needed

(8 Posts)
katek Tue 11-Mar-14 09:45:04

We need a double buggy for newborn and 18 month old boy. Would prefer one with carrycot for little one with option of second seat as he grows. We do a lot of off road walking and currently have Movix for in town and an ATP for walks.

We need something that combines the versatility of a travel system with the strength of an off road buggy ..., that takes 2 children! Nothing we've looked at so far meets all our criteria, not sure if there's anything that does! Have looked at Phil & Teds and Icandy (peach blossom??) which match most of our requirements but don't think they would take the walks. I only have a Polo during week so needs to fit In the boot as well

Am I looking for the impossible?!?

MrsMarigold Tue 11-Mar-14 09:47:35

Have you checked out the Baby Jogger - it should fit in your boot but check.

PrincessScrumpy Tue 11-Mar-14 09:53:10

We have twins who are now 2.5 yo. We were saying on Sunday how brilliant our buggy is - out and about nipper 360. I can steer with one hand which meant I could hold dd1s hand while pushing the twins and they still fit it now. You can attach a Phil and ted cocoon with the d rings but we just had newborn supports.
The mountain buggy has carry cots etc but wasn't released when twins were born. I've tried one since and personally I found it much heavier than mine and it's about 3 times the price. For the perfect buggy we would have paid it but preferred the nipper anyway. It also fits through my front door despite being a side by side.

PrincessScrumpy Tue 11-Mar-14 09:53:56

It also fits in dh's fiesta

Fluffalump Tue 11-Mar-14 09:54:50

We had a double nipper for our twins and it was brilliant.

purplebaubles Tue 11-Mar-14 09:55:32

I have an i candy peach - you can push it with one hand which is handy, and it's perfectly good over rough ground etc.

Also folds down neatly and fits into the boot of our small 206 if that helps?

MrsMarigold Tue 11-Mar-14 09:55:58

The Nipper fits in a Fiesta - really? I always think it's a right pain to get in a boot as it isn't compact. I have a nipper but would now go for the baby jogger.

katek Tue 11-Mar-14 19:30:10

Thanks for your input everyone. You've given me some ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now