Please note: This topic is for Q&A discussions arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in our Site Stuff topic. If you'd like to explore Q&A opportunities, please do feel free to mail us at sales@mumsnet.com.

dianette...worse before better??

(4 Posts)
lozogc24 Fri 05-Jul-13 21:06:12

iv never had the best skin since I went on the implant after having my little boy but its been bearable. however I had a breakout on my face and back so I went to the doctors for help.
I have been prescribed dianette for my skin and I have been taking it for 3 weeks now, but my skin is worse than it was before I started! I have broke out in loads of little spots all over my cheeks, jawline and under my neck.
I know it takes time to work, but is this breakout normal? and if it is how much longer will I continue to breakout before it starts to improve?
Is there anyone who's actually had success on dianette?
thanks in advance! smile

Laquila Fri 05-Jul-13 21:15:00

Hi, I think you need to move this to a more suitable topic board.

To be honest I can't remember whether Dianette made my skin word e effort made it better, but I do remember that at 20/21, it was pretty much the only thing that offered any improvement! Definitely worth sticking with for a while if you can. Although I have to say I thought most GPs had stopped giving it now because of concerns over thrombosis.

lozogc24 Fri 05-Jul-13 21:22:58

I have moved the topic into general health now...I started on doxycycline and oxytetracycline but the side effects were too much so was given dianette to try.
I am trying to stick with it it's just horrible having to deal with this major breakout it makes me regret asking for help when it's made it worse not better

FortyFacedFuckers Fri 05-Jul-13 22:37:40

I cant remember how long it took to work but i really would give it another few weeks it worked miracles for me I have tried everything else and it's the only thing that has ever worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now