Please note: This topic is for Q&A discussions arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in our Site Stuff topic. If you'd like to explore Q&A opportunities, please do feel free to mail us at sales@mumsnet.com.

Male plumbers vs Female plumbers...what's the difference?

(3 Posts)
Max28 Thu 04-Jul-13 13:52:19

Hi everyone
Here's a question WOULD YOU PREFER TO HAVE A MALE OR FEMALE WORKING IN YOUR HOME?
I am qualified and have been working work part time as a plumber, still to this day people find it shocking that a women is working in a so called male dominated field??? why is that so shocking?
I love working in the industry and hope to be very successful in it to, along my travels I have seen only a few women in the trade, but they all enjoy it and have the same mindset 'what's the problem, most people especially females feel more comfortable with a female plumber, we just as hardworking and we are cleaner too LOL!
Give your views to this ancient view

ElectricSheep Thu 04-Jul-13 23:52:37

Not bothered really so long as you were good at your job and charged fairly.

On balance though I'd probably employ a woman plumber (Mrs Tap?) given the choice just to support the sisterhood grin

What part of the country are you in?

MarjorieAntrobus Fri 05-Jul-13 00:03:41

I'll echo what Electric sheep said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now