This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Do you want to be in a Waitrose web TV series, get an all expenses paid trip to London and have the chance to win Waitrose vouchers?

(59 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Jul-09 10:38:07

We're helping Waitrose to produce a six-episode web TV series that will launch on Mumsnet in September and they're looking for a couple of Mumsnetters to STAR in the videos, alongside Waitrose nutritionist Moira Howie and executive chef Neil Nugent.

The two-day shoot will take place in London on Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 August, and Waitrose will be paying all your travel expenses.

Our two divas (one for each day of filming) will also receive £100 of Waitrose vouchers.

The web TV series will be shown on a Waitrose microsite, hosted by Mumsnet in September.

Come on, we know you're all major hams, so if you'd like the chance to star plus the opportunity to pick up some catering tips don't be backward in coming forward. If you'd like to put your hat in the ring for a chance of fame and fortune (well, £100 of Waitrose vouchers anyway) click here.

If being a star of stage and screen doesn't appeal (or even if it does) you could still get your hands on some Waitrose vouchers. Waitrose have come up with six topics for the web series and would love to get your top tips and recipes as well as any questions you might want answered.

The topics are listed below and each links to a discussion on Talk. Please feel free to add your comments, tips or questions to as many topics as you like. Everyone who contributes to any of the threads will be entered into a prize draw to win £100 Waitrose vouchers.

Here are the topics:

Family cooking ? how can you cater for different generations and fussy eaters in the same meal? What's your top tip for taking the stress out of Sunday lunch?

The lost art of baking ? do you have a secret family recipe that has been handed down through generations? Or a school cake sale/kids birthday party no-brainer?

Everyday dishes ? making the most out of your weekly shop. Do you have a fail-safe dish in your repertoire that you always fall back on?

Delicious and nutritious ? how can you achieve a balanced diet in your cooking for the week? Do you have any favourite ?substitute? ingredients e.g. celeriac instead of potato?

The ultimate dinner party ? what's your secret weapon that amazes at dinner parties? How can you be the perfect hostess but still manage to enjoy yourself?

Special occasions (aka putting on a spread) ? have you ever catered for large numbers of people? Do you have any ideas for nibbles that are more exciting than chopped up carrots and a tub of hummus?

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Dozymare Thu 23-Jul-09 21:32:01

have put myself forward grin if anyone can make me look Nigella-esque all waspish waist and cashmere cardies, it's the Waitrose styling team..........

<presuming that we will be styled???>

PANIC.......

mollyroger Thu 23-Jul-09 18:39:37

oh hob - will it really be like that?

They won't come and interview me in my knicker-strewn front room, scoffing gently to camera about how they have found Asda smart price bread in Molly's breadbin...before scooping me off (be-clad in my George jeans and Saino's sock top) to Waitrose wonderland, where glossy-haired nutitionists will chide me over my inability to develop a liking for capers?

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 21-Jul-09 19:42:32

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far and good luck to all. Just to clarify Rhubarb it's the mums they want to star in the Web TV series, not children.

Thanks again all

I'd do it if they agreed to sandblast my house first. And agree to put a Waitrose in Summertown ... we got a Tesco instead sad

kickassangel Tue 21-Jul-09 01:29:31

hobgoblin I, too, have hessian Waitrose bags. As I use them in the US, I am actually advertising here for them. surely they owe me soemthing for this?

Rhubarb Mon 20-Jul-09 21:59:24

I wouldn't really want my kids to be seen advertising anything. Plus, considering the huge profits they'll make from this, giving each Mumsnetter £100 worth of vouchers is bloody measley!

mehgalegs Mon 20-Jul-09 21:51:46

We have alreday been waitrosed (see profile)grin

MrsBadger Mon 20-Jul-09 21:02:49

I will do it me me

dd is a true waitrose child
dh feeds her organic golden cherry tomatoes on his way round as they stain less badly than the red ones

HerBeatitude Mon 20-Jul-09 19:46:20

Will we lose our anonymity?

I want those vouchers...

hobbgoblin Mon 20-Jul-09 11:21:12

Will the ads be like those toothpaste ones.

Where you re-enact your hum drum existence before discovering the miracle that is Beverley Hills Whitening, in this case Waitrose, and then you talk to Moira the nutritionist and Neil the Chef and are enlightened. Pan to shot of you on sofa, bare foot, cocoa in hand with cashmere knit gleaming with contentment.

I could do the hum drum part, and expect that if someone ever makes me a cocoa and gives me cashmere to wear I could do Part II also.

VinegarTits Mon 20-Jul-09 09:31:17

I will do it, where do i sign?

Chevre Sun 19-Jul-09 21:13:08

ponces! i would do it but i would need to lose a stone and there is not enough time.

PaulineB Sun 19-Jul-09 20:37:18

I work at Waitrose, I love it! Really do, it's not like any place I have ever worked. They treat you really well.

PaulineB Sun 19-Jul-09 20:36:39

I work at Waitrose, I love it! Really do, it's not like any place I have ever worked. They treat you really well.

hmc Sun 19-Jul-09 00:10:44

I do shop from Waitrose products (via Ocado) but the questions posed sound so brain meltingly banal that i would really rather not be picked - if its all the same to you

hobbgoblin Sat 18-Jul-09 22:23:18

Btw. It only costs about £9.50 to get to London from here grin

Anyone fancy a bit of adlib warm up here?

hobbgoblin Sat 18-Jul-09 22:13:06

Harumph at kickass!

I have great vocabulary too. And I have the Waitrose hessian bags. I am a committed customer not a bag for life kind of customer.

anonandlikeit Sat 18-Jul-09 19:14:13

Ahh, i am a little too rotund for TV i fear, have horrid hair & a dodgy east london accent,
However i would risk emabaressing yself appearing for £100

OO Not too mention my wayward eyebrows but i'm sure i could tame them for such a special occasion.

aarghhelp Sat 18-Jul-09 18:49:29

Hmmm. We went to our first ever cake sale thing with DS yesterday (in aid of his nursery). It was dire. The catering involved congealed hot dogs and solidified pasta.

I had chickened out of baking and donated bottles of wine to one of their stalls instead. At least some mums had made some plain fairy cakes, so they had done better than me. And it didn't help that it rained and so had to be held indoors. But it was rather dreary and a sad. Am wondering how it could be made any better. Will follow any threads (or videos) offering tips with interest smile.

TheProvincialLady Sat 18-Jul-09 18:10:47

Oh bugger, I forgot to mention in my application that I am moderately but not unapproachably or even truthfully attractive, and am willing to pimp myself and even my children for £100.

lulalullabye Sat 18-Jul-09 15:41:19

Aah, but costa rica was a fantastic week of being ourselves for the first time in a long time and realising what your money paid for with the RA ! A well worthy trip !!

moliereroger Sat 18-Jul-09 12:19:43

I want to do it - but I always look drunk in photos .

HotToastAndButter Sat 18-Jul-09 11:28:20

but costa rica was an utter waste of time
i never saw anything about it

kickassangel Sat 18-Jul-09 01:38:37

Hobgoblin, I see your English Speakers Board certificate, and raise you.
I taught how to debate for the English Speakers Union

Sadly, although available, I dount if Waitrose will pay my expenses. I live in America. However, if they will stump up for the flight, childcare & let me stay a few extra days to see my folks, *I'M IN*.

slyandgobbo Fri 17-Jul-09 22:57:29

£100 in vouchers is about a kilo of good ham. What about £5000 in waitrose vouchers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now