Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Do you want to be in a Waitrose web TV series, get an all expenses paid trip to London and have the chance to win Waitrose vouchers?

(59 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Jul-09 10:38:07

We're helping Waitrose to produce a six-episode web TV series that will launch on Mumsnet in September and they're looking for a couple of Mumsnetters to STAR in the videos, alongside Waitrose nutritionist Moira Howie and executive chef Neil Nugent.

The two-day shoot will take place in London on Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 August, and Waitrose will be paying all your travel expenses.

Our two divas (one for each day of filming) will also receive £100 of Waitrose vouchers.

The web TV series will be shown on a Waitrose microsite, hosted by Mumsnet in September.

Come on, we know you're all major hams, so if you'd like the chance to star plus the opportunity to pick up some catering tips don't be backward in coming forward. If you'd like to put your hat in the ring for a chance of fame and fortune (well, £100 of Waitrose vouchers anyway) click here.

If being a star of stage and screen doesn't appeal (or even if it does) you could still get your hands on some Waitrose vouchers. Waitrose have come up with six topics for the web series and would love to get your top tips and recipes as well as any questions you might want answered.

The topics are listed below and each links to a discussion on Talk. Please feel free to add your comments, tips or questions to as many topics as you like. Everyone who contributes to any of the threads will be entered into a prize draw to win £100 Waitrose vouchers.

Here are the topics:

Family cooking - how can you cater for different generations and fussy eaters in the same meal? What's your top tip for taking the stress out of Sunday lunch?

The lost art of baking - do you have a secret family recipe that has been handed down through generations? Or a school cake sale/kids birthday party no-brainer?

Everyday dishes - making the most out of your weekly shop. Do you have a fail-safe dish in your repertoire that you always fall back on?

Delicious and nutritious - how can you achieve a balanced diet in your cooking for the week? Do you have any favourite "substitute" ingredients e.g. celeriac instead of potato?

The ultimate dinner party - what's your secret weapon that amazes at dinner parties? How can you be the perfect hostess but still manage to enjoy yourself?

Special occasions (aka putting on a spread) - have you ever catered for large numbers of people? Do you have any ideas for nibbles that are more exciting than chopped up carrots and a tub of hummus?

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

EccentricaGallumbits Fri 17-Jul-09 10:46:33

I'm too fat and ugly for TV of any sort

Fimbo Fri 17-Jul-09 10:48:37

I will be in Scotland on me holidays then <<<tells dh she is no longer going>>

I vote in SWMNBN2

MollieOolala Fri 17-Jul-09 10:53:50

Special occasions - we had 90 at our house for ds's Christening. All catered by M&S!

Ultimate dinner party - get all food from Cook and pass it off as homemade. Works every time.

Can you see a theme developing? smile

cocolepew Fri 17-Jul-09 11:00:06

OI! WAITROSE, OPEN ONE IN NORTHERN IRELAND.

Thank you.

Fimbo Fri 17-Jul-09 11:00:27

I went to a child's 3rd birthday party once and the catering for the adults was all from Waitrose Entertaining. Best party ever - not that I am shallow or anything grin

kaz33 Fri 17-Jul-09 11:19:40

I catered a party last night for 15 - all food from Waitrose entertaining - yummy, free delivery. We love Waitrose!

DebiNewberry Fri 17-Jul-09 12:21:30

swmnbn2 woud be ideal, but won't.

would be my idea of hell.

littleducks Fri 17-Jul-09 13:06:15

Wouldnt that kinda blow SWMNBN2s 'cover' or am I missing something?

I dont think im photogenic enough, and prob have too many dietary restrictions. I will add tips so i can win vouchersthough, that could cover my next party if they are good

The lost art of baking
A school cake sale/kids birthday party no-brainer?

Agree to bake for cake sale stall, then realise you just cant fit it in. Wait in car for COOK! to open, buy three trays of frozen choc brownies, blush when assistant presses you that you must already have a loyalty card, cut brownies in deliberatly wonky 'homemade' squares, pile in tin to complete the fakeover, wait anxiously as brownies as half frozen, hand over with minutes to spare for the night before deadline saying they might be a bit cold as have been in the fridge

That was the easiest one, i have previously made fairy caks at 7am for sports day at 9, and biscuits at breakfast before preschool. I should stop volunteering, I like the idea of it

JohnDory Fri 17-Jul-09 13:08:32

oh my god
i so want to do it.
i ahev a rl mate who works for waitrose and they will laugh their socks off, they always swear that I would never get a job there in a million years.
i am ON

JohnDory Fri 17-Jul-09 13:10:20

oh but I am in France then
bad timing.
I could have had kids from school to rock up too.

JohnDory Fri 17-Jul-09 13:14:39

oh come on.
change the dates

bunnyrabbit Fri 17-Jul-09 15:18:54

Am on hols sad would definitely have been up for this.

hobbgoblin Fri 17-Jul-09 15:27:42

I have 3 children, two different fathers and a 4th on the way this week. Despite this unseemly carry on I look like I should be in Waitrose, so long as I do not have the feral ones with me. I took them in there the other day and we looked like we should definitely not be in there. Mostly, though, if I wear my chunky jewellery and do my hair right I pass muster.

What I'm saying is, I'd be great in the ads. Plus I got a certificate from the English Speaking Board. grin

JohnDory Fri 17-Jul-09 15:31:46

i coudl bear to wear shoes like these for a day if oyu put me in .
They are the Shoe fo the John Lewis partnership.

and then some trouser like these in pale blue and the Official shrit of waitrose here

with a basket and a bustling vibe

Horton Fri 17-Jul-09 15:32:19

Oh, I really like the sound of this but would have absolutely sod all childcare so can't. Damn.

JohnDory Fri 17-Jul-09 15:32:25

and i can bray " oh yes ALgie has an exeat on Saturday"

Am i talking myself OUT OF a job? grin

Um carrots and hummus aren't exciting? That's haute cuisine for one of my parties!

MitchyInge Fri 17-Jul-09 15:50:12

I would be so fabulous for this! Do I have to have a wash and put nice clothes on though?

Fimbo Fri 17-Jul-09 16:04:15

I love it when they tannoy for Mrs X/Mr X to come to wherever rather than the bog standard Tesco/Sainsbos "all checkout operators to the till now"

mygreatauntgriselda Fri 17-Jul-09 17:04:46

I would Sooooo love to do this, but am Faaaaaar too old

JohnDory Fri 17-Jul-09 17:04:50

yes and they say " Partners, its 3pm"

that is when they all shoot up in the staff toilets.
re order the shelves

hobbgoblin Fri 17-Jul-09 17:12:23

Mitchy, you obviously don't want to wash, JD you are quite clearly in France, mygreataunt have not time for Botox, so I am the LEADER!

I haven't even told you yet how slim I am and how natural my fake tan looks, or how young for my years...

JohnDory Fri 17-Jul-09 18:43:19

grr

largeginandtonic Fri 17-Jul-09 19:02:59

Oh i want to do it.

I have faaaaaar too many children though don't i?

What do you think JohnDory?

Being on the TV makes me <<quake >> though, i can barely have my photograh taken without a G&T...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now