Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

The Official Hartley's squeezy jam feedback thread - plus a chance to win another £100 or a spa day/ spa vouchers worth £250 (even if you didn't test the jam)

(101 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 03-Jul-09 23:40:20

The long awaited and much requested feedback thread for the Hartley's squeezy jam testers is here Hopefully you've all had the chance to test your jam by now. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning £150 is to post your feedback here - the questions are below.

Whether you're a tester or not you could also be in with a chance of winning another £100 if you post your fave jammy recipe on Mumsnet recipes and then post the link/url for your recipe on this thread - so if you're the mumsnetter who makes a mean swiss roll -for example - you'd post it like this swiss roll - ideally with your name on the recipe so we know who to give the prize to grin

Finally if you fancy a spa trip to The Sanctuary in Covent Garden or £250 of spa vouchers all you need to do is check out the Hartley's squeezy jam microsite and answer an easy peasy jammy squeezy question.

And now here are the questions Hartley's would like the testers to answer.. over to you

1. What other jam flavours would your kids and their friends like, and what would they really turn their noses up at?

2. What fun, ingenious uses are there for empty Squeezy bottles?

3 What's your most creative recipe using jam? (this is where you post on Mumsnet recipes)

4. Is Squeezy easier to use than jars for you and your kids?

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

2shoes Fri 03-Jul-09 23:41:44

I feel so sad that I am not a tester as I have the jam

hunkermunker Fri 03-Jul-09 23:52:56

Nothing about Simon Cowell? :disappointed:

EdwardBitMe Sat 04-Jul-09 00:09:15
KingCanuteIAm Sat 04-Jul-09 06:23:25

What microsite is this then? I can't find it anywhere and I need Spa vouchers (more than anyone else so please don't enter) wink grin

MaryBS Sat 04-Jul-09 08:38:54

1. What other jam flavours would your kids and their friends like, and what would they really turn their noses up at?

Mine are quite fussy, they'll only eat strawberry or raspberry.

mmm - maybe as a water pistol?

3 What's your most creative recipe using jam? (this is where you post on Mumsnet recipes)

... I'll be back...

Yes, much easier. Nowhere near so sticky, and less likely to get blobs of jam left on the table.

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 04-Jul-09 10:18:30

Sorry KingCanute blush that's what you get for answering the phone mid task late on a Friday night grin

Have inserted the link to the microsite, but in case anyone needs it again it's here

The microsite will also be updated with some of the new recipes coming in on this thread.

2shoes - please feel free to join in we don't want anyone to feel excluded from jam testing and we promise to enter you into the draw.

Thanks all

bosch Sat 04-Jul-09 10:36:44

Carrie

Still can't work out how to enter the comp - the links seem to take me round in a circle?

yep. the site says 'click here to answer the question' but there is no link to click on!

Cadbury Sat 04-Jul-09 11:40:58

ooo I'm a jam tester - I searched MN for ages since we got the jam and was worried the jam would all be gone before we could post our thoughts!

So, here goes,

1. Well my son is a Jam monster so he loves all flavours of jam. He really likes blackberry and apple but isn't keen on the blackberry seeds when I make it so it would be an ideal flavour for squeezy bottles without the pips.

2. Haven't tried using the bottle for anything else yet as it still has some jam in it, but I plan to put icing in it and use it for icing my sons birthday cake and also for putting honey in it to make it easier for my kids to put it on crumpets themselves. Also useful for putting syrup in- so much easier to measure it out when it can be squeezed onto a tablespoon rather than glooping it out of the jar.

3. Will post some of my favs later when I'm not being yelled at.

4. Having the squeezy bottles meant that my son Sam (aged 5) could make his own favourite lunch (Sam Jamwiches) which made it extra yummy to eat. The squeezy bottle also proved useful when we took it along with some cream and scones to the picnic at my childrens school sports day - very convenient way to create delicious treats without needing extra knives and spoons and getting all messy!.

So, there you go. Thanks for the Jam. Sam loved it.

4andnotout Sat 04-Jul-09 11:47:57

There is no link to click to answer the question hmm

And i could really do with some treatments at a spa!

gothicmama Sat 04-Jul-09 13:31:00

soory not atester but the kids enjoy squirky jam

1: apple and blackcurrent, mango and coconut (I've told them not possible)
2: water fight in the garden; squirty paint pictures

4: easier for the kids (does not last as long though) difficult to get last bit of jam out

gothicmama Sat 04-Jul-09 13:33:07

have now looked at microsite and texted Dh who is shooping to get apple adn blackcurrent jam (if he can find it I've only seen teh strawbeerry version)

<Does a mean jam sandwich count as a recipe?>

2 slices of bread. Scarping of butter (or marj). Lashings of jam.....

1. We'd like to try Blueberry, Apricot, Blackcurrant(no added apple!). Wouldn't like Kiwi, Pineapple or Orange...

2. Bottles will be very useful for junk modelling(maybe a ship's funnel?), like Cadbury said, I immediately thought it would be fab for putting icing in. Haven't tried it yet, but really really hope it squeezes out easilysmile

3. Only really put jam in Victoria Sandwich, but will have a think!

4. Squeezy is much much easier than normal jam for children to manage, wish all jams could come in optional squeezy format.

Thank you for the jam!

1. We wouls d like raspberry, cherry and blackcurrant. We are jam fiends and would probably eat any flavour.

2. Squeezy bottles good for water fights.

4. Much less mess when the children used the squeezy jam.

Thank you the children love it.

KingCanuteIAm Sat 04-Jul-09 16:48:54

Thanks for adding that Carrie smile

I am now sitting back and waiting for my spa vouchers to arrive

<looks around sternly at everyone else>

Mine like apple and cinnamon and strangely (don't laugh but we made some and they love it) strawberry and basil. hmm

They make great bath toys and you can use them in sand pits to make small sandy landmines - bash them hard enough and the sand shoots out!

Does jam coated DH on toast count (don't think you want too read that recipe) grin

Yes for the kids, not for muggins here who has to clean it off the ceiling. hmm

LittleMissNorty Sat 04-Jul-09 17:16:37

1. We would love to see blackcurrant flavour - and damson....yum. And DD would love raspberry smile

2. Ours will be used in the bath no doubt to soak mummy hmm

3. We've just used it on bread, toast, crumpets so far. Lovely with peanut butter on toast!

4. Much cleaner than a jar & easier to only use the required amount. No butter in the jam pot!

Thank you for the sample - we love it.

bosch Sat 04-Jul-09 18:59:24

Thought I could post my recipe anonymously but then realised you've asked for us to link to it in the thread.

Here goes trifle

1. DDs would like cherry and blackcurrant. I would like raspberry with no pips and apricot.
2. DDs say playing with water. Painting and gluing.
3. Would be nice in a victoria sponge.
4. Yes easier for DDs. Doesn't involve knives and is cleaner. One negative point- if you don't shake it the first squirt can be watery and if you do shake it the jam isn't all down where you need it to be.

tatt Sat 04-Jul-09 19:57:06

Apricot jam please, for sticking icing to cakes smile

geekgirl Sat 04-Jul-09 20:57:17

Raspberry would be lovely! No jam dislikes in this house.

No original ideas from me - water fights, icing etc. all sound good

Easier for the children, no bits of butter and crumbs in a jar.

Thanks for the sample! Will certainly buy more when this is used up. We go away in our motorhome all the time and it's ideal for that.

FrannyandZooey Sat 04-Jul-09 22:49:08

ok so you have all been HERE talking about jam and you did not tell me or link to it on my "where is the squeezy jam feedback thread" thread?

i SEE

<fumes stickily>

IroningBored Sun 05-Jul-09 01:19:34

Mine two have loved the novelty of squeezy jam and the strawberry was eaten in record time, along with record quantities of homemade bread!

Oh err, rather boring household, we just recycled ours

jam tarts :-)

Definately easier to use but I had to open it and use a long handed spoon to get the last bits out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now