This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Testers needed for travel sterilisers from Milton! £300 voucher to be won. NOW CLOSED

(25 Posts)
RebeccaEMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Apr-16 17:00:27

Milton are looking for 100 UK Mumsnetters with a baby aged up to one to try out their Solo Travel Steriliser. Selected testers will also be sent a pack of 28 tablets to use with the Milton Travel Steriliser when using the cold water method as well as two packs of their Antibacterial Surface Wipes to help with spills and grubby surfaces when out and about. We're specifically looking for people who are planning to be away from the home - for example at a relatives' house overnight or on a day out and will need to sterilize a baby bottle.

Here’s what Milton have to say about the product:"Our single bottle travel steriliser can be used in a microwave or with cold water. It’s ideal when you’re out and about during the day, for holidays or for overnight stays – as you don’t then need to carry your usual bulky sterilisers with you. It sterilises from 2 minutes in the microwave and in 15 mins with cold water. We're really proud of the unique safety vent technology which increases the temperature inside for better sterilisation. We'd love to know what Mumsnetter think about it!"

If you are selected for this product test, you will receive 1 Milton Solo Travel Sterilizer (worth £10.95), 28 sterilising tablets (worth £2.99) to use with the Solo Travel Steriliser and two packs of antibacterial surface wipes (worth £2.20 per pack).

You can find out more about the Solo Travel Steriliser here, and the Milton Antibacterial Surface Wipes here.

You can also see the Solo Travel Steriliser in action here:

If selected, we’d like you to share your opinion of the products on a feedback thread and also share your review of the travel steriliser on a reviews page on Mumsnet.

Testers who give feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw, where one lucky tester will receive a £300 John Lewis voucher. Note the test will take place over the next few weeks so please only apply if you're around then and will be needing to use a product like this then.

We'd also love to see some photos of the travel steriliser in action on the feedback thread.

If you’d like to take part then please add your details here.

Thanks
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

Augustwedding Wed 06-Apr-16 13:34:21

Done!

SerenityReynolds Wed 06-Apr-16 16:58:48

Done

Ohwoolballs Wed 06-Apr-16 17:34:09

All signed up. 🙂

TwoMs Wed 06-Apr-16 19:43:43

This would be perfect as already worrying how to fit everything in the car for our upcoming holiday!hmm

MunchyMunchkin Wed 06-Apr-16 22:45:48

Done

31weeksgone Wed 06-Apr-16 22:46:50

Done, this would be perfect for us!!

gazsm Thu 07-Apr-16 09:02:38

Signed up

MunchieCrunchie Thu 07-Apr-16 11:04:14

I would sign up if I was living in the UK but I'm not sad

Esoresila Thu 07-Apr-16 11:06:28

Done smile

Gobbolinothewitchscat Thu 07-Apr-16 12:32:55

Done!

annieno1 Thu 07-Apr-16 13:15:39

Love to try this

snorepatrol Thu 07-Apr-16 20:45:00

I had this when dd1 was under one tbh it wasn't as good as some of the other ones available

Nuby do a travel steriliser that is shaped more like a Tupperware tub which is a much better shape and size it and it came with a free Nuby bottle and dummy and was only £8.

I didn't even bother with a big steriliser I just used that with two bottles for dd2 the entire time.

Wilkinsons do one similar to Nuby and that's £4

They were so much easier to take out and about than the Milton one.
The Milton one is very big and bulky and it's very difficult to use for cold water sterilisation on the go due to the massive steam vent on the top.
It's hard to keep it upright in a nappy bag due to the shape whereas the tipper wear type ones stay in place much better.
Even if you've used it for steam sterilisation you can't open it and the water you used to dream pours out of the lid if it's not upright which doesn't happen with the Nuby / Wilkinsons version.
The Milton one is shaped similar to the tommy tippee one which again I've used and wouldn't recommend.

I do actually prefer using Milton cold water sterilisation and with dc3 just bought the massive Milton bucket which was so easy to use and the Milton dummy pod which was fantastic for out and about but unfortunately the travel steriliser just doesn't cut it for me compared to the more compact alternatives.

Thistly Thu 07-Apr-16 23:37:03

Would it fit a breast pump? I need to go away for work for a couple of nights, and am looking for something like this.

snorepatrol Fri 08-Apr-16 01:48:39

Thirstly I have used one and don't think it would.

Have you tried looking at the microwave steriliser bags you usually get a pack of 5 and about 50 sterilisations per bag? They're bigger than the the Milton pod.

Or if you don't have access to a microwave you can buy the cold water sterilisation travel bags from mothercare?

They're all bag (5litre) that already has the tablet in it, you fill it with water and hang on a coat hanger they're much bigger than the Milton pod but so much easier for packing.

Woodenmouse Fri 08-Apr-16 13:38:50

Done.

duckbilled Fri 08-Apr-16 21:46:41

Done

Mummymum38 Fri 08-Apr-16 22:30:10

Done 🍼

TheMasterBaker Sat 09-Apr-16 14:57:07

Done! If we go away with the kids, we have to take so much even for a 1 night stay! A travel steriliser would seriously help by removing one big bulky piece of equipment.

SerenityReynolds Sun 10-Apr-16 12:10:23

I could actually really do with this today as I forgot a second bottle! blush

MsMommie Sun 10-Apr-16 22:54:13

Is there a date the reviews have to be in by as my baby isn't born yet? smile

podly Sat 16-Apr-16 23:11:59

Done

Viv77 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:38:33

This would be so handy to try out on my eight month old

PB01 Mon 18-Apr-16 16:12:21

Love Milton. Couldn't live without it. Use it for sterilising, cleaning, and even for cleaning fruit and veg when abroad. Also a lifesaver and removes mold from prams etc when OH puts the pram in the garage WET! I can't ever imagine him doing that with his golf things!!!!

crazywriter Mon 18-Apr-16 16:24:03

Done smile Would love a chance at something like this. I love testing things smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now