This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Mini Milk Feedback Thread - £300 John Lewis voucher to be won for feedback NOW CLOSED

(240 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-May-15 15:09:01

This is the feedback thread for the 250 Mumsnetters who are testing out Mini Milk.

Here’s what Wall’s say: “Small, but perfectly formed, our Mini Milk range is a firm favourite within the Wall’s range of ice creams. With a choice of three delicious flavours, Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate, Mini Milk is a yummy treat you can feel confident giving to your kids this summer.”

Here are some questions to get you started, but please feel free to add your own comments too:
1. What was your overall impression of Mini Milks?
2. Which of your children tried Mini Milk? How old are your DCs? Have they tried Mini Milks before?
3. Did your child enjoy the Mini Milks? If so, what did your child like about them? And which was their favourite flavour?
4. Would you recommend Mini Milks to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Everyone who adds their feedback, as well as completing the short feedback survey we will be emailing to you, will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £300 John Lewis voucher.

Please note: your anonymous comments may be used by Wall’s on their website and other marketing materials.

Thanks,
MNHQ

Ashbeeee Mon 18-May-15 20:44:59

Seemingly not just for tiny ones, mini milks seem to be a habit for life in my family. 16yo still loves them and fights her dad for the chocolate ones.

hermancakedestroyer Fri 29-May-15 17:41:04

We loved them. A nice cool treat for us all.

2. Which of your children tried Mini Milk? How old are your DCs? Have they tried Mini Milks before?

Both my dcs tried them. Dd aged 12 and Ds aged 10.

They had tried them before about 6 months ago but had forgotten how tasty they were.

3. Did your child enjoy the Mini Milks? If so, what did your child like about them? And which was their favourite flavour?

They both enjoyed them and both preferred vanilla.
They loved the flavour of the mini milks. They also liked the size of the lollies - not too much - not too little.
They also liked their creaminess.

4. Would you recommend Mini Milks to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes, for all the above reasons. I also thought they were good value for money at £2 for 12 lollies.

kungfupidge Fri 29-May-15 17:42:38

i love the design when you first see it in the freezer section and over all i think for me first impressions were very good as i liked that they were in a twelve pack and thought them to be good value for money.

both my children tried mini milks my seven year old son ate 4 in a row !! lol and my 23 month old enjoyed a few too my 23 month old had never tried mini milks before so he was pleased.
my eldest son has tried mini milks before though and has firmly told me that i should buy them more often !

both my children enjoyed them and me too ! my seven year old says the white ones were his fave and that he likes how small they are so he can eat more of them apparently lol and my 23 month old liked the strawberry ones.

yes i definitely would recommend mini milks to others i think thee very family friendly and children love them, i loved them as a child and i'm glad my boys like them too x thanks for the opportunity to try them smile

risey1983 Fri 29-May-15 17:47:33

First impressions were good - packaging is appealing and kids kept pestering me to try them after they had spotted them in the freezer! I like the fact that they are not too big and so the kids feel like they are having a treat, but I'm not too worries about them pigging out on junk.

Both my DS tried them - age 8 and 3. They have tried them before.

They loved the chocolate and strawberry ones - bit indifferent about the vanilla ones - but not a problem as I really like those ones!!

Yes I would recommend these as a good alternative to other "flourescent" lollies. That said I would onlyy buy them on special offer, I personally think that £2 for a pack of such small lollies is a bit expensive!!

LondonLancashireRose Fri 29-May-15 17:50:25

A good impression - with a dose of nostalgia for DH & I!

DS, age 2. Yes, he has had them before. He is generally an ice cream monster and loves all kinds.

Yes, he has enjoyed all 3 flavours with his first choice being vanilla "The lello one".

Yes. For nostalgia, for a good price per lolly, and as a way to give a frozen treat in a child-sized portion.

regularbutpanickingabit Fri 29-May-15 18:29:09

1. Overall impression was great from all of us! The packaging was fun, they were easy to open and suprisingly appetising. Great value and a good sized packet to have stocking the fridge for unexpected sunny days and visiting kids.

2. My 10 year old son and 8 year old daughter tried them (um, and we stole one too!). They used to have mini milks when they were much younger but have progressed to all sorts of juice-based lollies and themed ice creams.

3. Both kids absolutely loved them and berated me for not buying them more often. Daughter always prefers chocolate and son always prefers strawberry but actually they both liked all 3 flavours. That's really good because it lessens the chance of arguments as the box choice dwindles.

4. Yes, we would definitely recommend them for value, flavour and size.

Rummikub Fri 29-May-15 18:30:56

I've still not received the vouchers yet ...

Rummikub Fri 29-May-15 18:33:18

I'm craving them now too.

mave Fri 29-May-15 19:12:21

My 3 year and 10 year old love mini milks, we have loved them for years, me included as hardly any calories and a guilt free treat!!! My kids love the strawberry and chocolate flavours but I prefer vanilla. I would definitely recommend mini milks, somehow I don't think they need it as they are so popular anyway!

PuzzleRocks Fri 29-May-15 19:17:12

Thank you for the opportunity to test.

Good packaging, stores easily and recycles. Decent pack size, 12 feels generous for the price. These have not really changed since I was a child and they were a firm favourite back then.

Both DD's, aged 8 and 6, tried the product. They have had mini milk previously and were thrilled to be testers.

They are the perfect size, not too big or small and easy to eat without any drips or mess. DD1 loved the classic vanilla and DD2 the strawberry but both were happy to eat the chocolate.

Absolutely would, they feel like an occasional treat that doesn't break the bank or upset the dentist.

kierie Fri 29-May-15 19:43:23

1. Overall impession was good. The box was bright, so attracted the kids attention. I felt that they were being advertised at older CH with the lion on the front. I preferred the older pastel coloured packaging as it looked nicer for the younger ones. I was surprised that my local big supermarket didn't stock them, so had to go to the store in the neighbouring town.
2. Both my CH tried them (4yrs and 1 yr). Older child had them a year or so ago.
3. I only gave the LO vanilla as she isn't given chocolate yet. They both loved them, as did we. Smooth texture, good taste. I liked the portion size (although the LO shared hers with Daddy) and the inclusion of vanilla.
4. I would recommend them to others because of the size, flavour, texture.

LJH79 Sat 30-May-15 07:02:20

1) overall impression was good. I like the size as they are a good small sized treat rather than giving a massive ice cream.
2) DD who is 5 tried them and really liked them. She has them before but not for a couple of years as she's previously has issues with cows milk but now seems fine.
3) DD enjoyed the vanilla best followed by strawberry and chocolate last. Although she loves chocolate she's not as keen on this as a flavour in ice cream. She liked the fact they don't melt as quickly as other ice Lollies can so it didn't fall off the stick.
4) yes would reccommend them. Handy to have in the freezer and good value for money and they are great to give as a small snack or treat. Just the right size for little ones and a big pack will last for a while. Good for adults too as not many calories and a nice treat.

penka Sat 30-May-15 10:34:00

Very good. I liked the packaging and the product.
My son who is 10 tried Mini Milk. He has never tried them before.
My son enjoyed Mini Milks. He liked the texture and the taste. His favourite flavour was vanilla.
I would recommend Mini Milks to friends/family. I liked the fact that they are small so the child can have a tasty treat without eating too much sweets.

Emrob86 Sat 30-May-15 12:44:55

1. What was your overall impression of Mini Milks? Good! The kids loved all flavours and I liked the vanilla and strawberry but not the chocolate.
Boy nearly 3 and girl nearly 5. They'd not tried them before.
Yes they loved them. Strawberry was the overall favourite! They loved the creamy taste and the size that's perfect for kids.
Yes, they are a good size for a children's treat.

Greymalkin Sat 30-May-15 12:47:34

Received my voucher today, place marking for later.

Jenni2legs Sat 30-May-15 12:53:47

They are as I remembered, we had these as kids and teens quite often. I must be very immature but I think they are a bit phallic! I remember thinking that as a teen too. They are yummy though.

Daughter aged 5 and son aged 9, I think my son had them as a toddler. They are an ideal 'first' ice-cream. Not too big and nice gentle flavours.

They really enjoyed them, as did me and DH. The vanilla was a big hit - it's kind of a unique to mini-milks flavour, where the other two aren't as much.

Yes, but as PP have said they are so well known that I don't think it's necessary.

TitsForBrains Sat 30-May-15 15:44:43

Thanks for the voucher smile

We had some trouble finding them in our local supermarkets as we only have small stores and they don't have the full range.
They are good value when you buy a box of twelve and these were also on offer when we went to get them.

6 year old DD tried them. She has had Mini Milks before and until we tried them through this trial she had decided that she didn't like them but has now had a change of opinion.

DD really liked them - the best flavour is chocolate as the taste is quite strong, so is the vanilla. The strawberry ones are a bit weak. DD liked the texture. They are a good snack size and she can eat them without getting it all over her.

Yes - they are just as I remember them. I guess they may only be considered for very small children but we all think they are nice! DH thought it would be good if they put jokes on the sticks, he was disappointed they were blank!

fixuplooksharp Sat 30-May-15 18:33:01

1. What was your overall impression-
Our overall impression is really good, nice packaging, small treats but absolutely gorgeous and the whole family enjoyed them.
2. Which of your children tried them?
My eldest age 6 and my youngest age almost 3 smile They both loved them. My eldest son has had them before years ago, we forgot how yummy they are.
3. Did your child enjoy the mini milks?
Yes yes yes!! My youngest loved them!!! We went to town and he must have asked my 4 times while we were out if he could have a strawberry mini milk when he got home. And he remembered as soon as we walked in the door.
4. Would you recommend?
Yes I absolutely would, they are lovely and a perfect sized treat smile

annieno1 Sat 30-May-15 21:50:08

I liked them remember eating these when was a kid so brought back memories i like the packing to nice and inviting
My children never tried them before, my one four and six year old loved them
Yes they loved them asked me why i never brought then bfore they liked all the flavours tasted each others
4. Would you recommend Mini Milks to friends or family? If so, why? If not, why not? yes enriched with calcuim so yes would recommed them

Stujobohm Sun 31-May-15 07:16:59

1. We liked them a lot. Refreshing on the hot days.
2. My daughter 5 and my son 2. Yes they have had them before and often ask for them.
3.vanilla is their favourite, strawberry is mine. They love ice lollies.
4. Yes I would definately recommened these, perfect size for little ones.
��

mumsbe Sun 31-May-15 10:17:19

Firstly thank you for choosing us for this trial
Lovely packaging and a tasty treat for the kids and adults very creamy with lots of flavour
My daughter 7 tried them and loved them she has only tried the vanilla in the past and was very impressed with the strawberry and chocolate
Yes my daughter enjoyed them she said" They were ice cold and cooled her head down on a hot day, they tasted wonderful and she really wants two more chocolate ones and two more packets please"
Yes I would because they are a very tasty treat and full of flavour just the right size.

ImNotAFlower Sun 31-May-15 10:17:40

We loved the Mini Milks in our house and they went down a treat with visiting children too!!

We tested them on three four year olds (not all ours grin) and a few stolen licks for the 9 month old baby. The older children had all had them before, for the baby it was his first (and definetly not last) time.

They LOVED the Mini Milks. Strawberry was the out right winner with the four year olds for me and DH though it was vanilla, they reminded us of being children smile.

We would recommend Mini Milks to everyone, they are a lovely size for children, no horrid colourings that won't wash out of their clothes and in our house the memories they brought back for us oldies will make sure we make them part of our childrens lives! Thanks mumsnet and Mini Milk!

lexiohene Sun 31-May-15 10:54:56

The size of the mini milk are perfect, the packaging always stands out and looks good to.
Now this was a big treat for my 14 month old, my dc had a strawberry mini milk and loved it, my dc had the cutest face whilst munching down.
3. Did your child enjoy the Mini Milks? If so, what did your child like about them? And which was their favorite flavor?
Well i am sure my child enjoyed it has my DC was very happy :-) but i also tried one and they truly are the nicest ice cream treat, so creamy and they genuinely taste of the flavor compared to other brands that have less flavor and more ice :-)
Yes 100% worth the money has you get the best from walls, a treat for all the family.

Mulligrubs Sun 31-May-15 16:53:23

Good, bright packaging and decent sized lollies in a few flavours.

My 19 month old tried them, he had never had Mini Milks before.

He seemed to enjoy them, he ate every bit! He picked the chocolate ones each time, not sure why though!

Yes I would, they are tasty, my son enjoyed them and so did my other half! They aren't too expensive if bought in the multipack and each lolly is just the right size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now