This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Looking to improve your lifestyle? UK MNers needed to try The Orb from Fitbug - worth £50 NOW CLOSED

(289 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Aug-14 09:43:42

We have been asked by the team at fitbug.com to find 50 UK MNers to try The Orb fitness tracker. We're looking for Mumsnetters who are keen to track their fitness levels everyday, those who are embarking on a new fitness plan (maybe trying to lose post baby weight), and those who just want to try out this product.

Fitbug says: "The system sets you personal targets each week for steps and food, helping you improve your lifestyle at a rate you can gradually adjust to, so it’s not a hardcore exercise regime or a diet that you do for a short time, but a way of improving your habits for the long term."

See here for a brief overview.

The Orb is iOS and Android compatible - but check the list of compatible Android handsets here: www.fitbug.com/connect

If selected, you'll be sent The Orb to try for a few weeks and so long as you add feedback as required you will be able to keep the product. There are no ongoing costs to worry about. You will also be able to download the Fitbug app and get more info on the Fitliving site: https://www.fitbug.com/uk/fitliving

In addition, all MNers who are selected will be given access to one-to-one support at Fitbug for their new gadget, should they need it.

If selected, you will be sent the Orb at the middle of August, and asked to try it for around a month. We're looking for feedback on a thread on Mumsnet twice: once on first impressions, on opening/ first use - on set up/ why you wanted to take part, etc. and then at the end of the month on your overall experiences with it, what you liked about it etc. The second feedback will be early - mid September. Please only apply if you're able to take part and add feedback at these times.
Please also note that Fitbug may use your feedback comments on their website and social media channels, as well as elsewhere.

If you'd like to take part, please add your details here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JJS297S
We will be in touch with selected MNers ASAP. If you're not selected, please keep an eye out for the feedback thread, as there will be an extra chance to win Fitbug products.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

this is a great product test, fingers crossed grin.

McFox Tue 05-Aug-14 14:50:44

Looks like a really interesting product, fingers crossed.

HeySoulSister Tue 05-Aug-14 18:30:34

Ooh yes please!!

CJCreggsfanclub Tue 05-Aug-14 18:41:14

Fingers crossed

harderthanitlooks Tue 05-Aug-14 18:48:19

Looks really good. Fingers crossed I need a kick start.

gildedlily Tue 05-Aug-14 19:05:19

Looks like it might give me a necessary kick up the bum!

PuggyMum Tue 05-Aug-14 19:18:35

Fingers crossed here too!

SurfBoredCat Tue 05-Aug-14 19:20:24

Just what I need!

Fizzyplonk Tue 05-Aug-14 23:19:47

Oh no I just entered but forgot to tick 5s. Initials CW. 2 children!

LadyIsabellaWrotham Tue 05-Aug-14 23:23:30

Only if it comes with an iPhone 4S, because my faithful old iPhone 4 apparently isn't up to the job sad

BiggerYellowTaxi Tue 05-Aug-14 23:45:47

This looks great and I do really love a fitness gadget. I've actually wanted one of these for years since seeing them on the American Biggest Loser (or was that a different brand confused). Fingers crossed.

bluebump Wed 06-Aug-14 00:09:38

This looks brilliant!

SublimeCorpse Wed 06-Aug-14 00:15:40

Completed! Fingers crossed!

bshree08 Wed 06-Aug-14 09:55:44

Wow, Just applied,This would be great for me as I need some motivation and am desperate to reduce my post baby weight wink

HeySoulSister Wed 06-Aug-14 12:49:22

Any idea when we will hear if we have been chosen??

Fingers crossed!

IScreamForIceCream Wed 06-Aug-14 13:02:49

Ooh, this would link perfectly to my new Healthy Eating Regime! One week in I am, and I am missing snacks!

mrsrafiq Wed 06-Aug-14 15:23:53

Just what I need to try, lost my post baby flab now need to exercise smile

snowymum12 Wed 06-Aug-14 17:17:12

I'd love to try this. I'm another one trying to get back into shape after having a baby!

Will you be announcing who is picked on here?

Ilikeyoursleeves Wed 06-Aug-14 21:51:37

I would absolutely love to try this, I use a fitness app on my phone but this looks like it will be a real motivator! Can't wait to hear if I'm chosen smile Exciting!

redoctober Wed 06-Aug-14 23:39:52

This looks like an exciting trial. Would love to get this. Need something new to motivate myself.

i use a fitness app at the minute but i havent been so much lately because im struggling to track things that arent on there and find it isnt consistent so think this would be really useful for that.

IceLemonGin Thu 07-Aug-14 13:54:30

I'd like to try this as I've lost weight recently but I really want to start working on my fitness

AnnField Thu 07-Aug-14 15:33:52

Looks great! Hope I get chosen to try it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now