Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Pregnant? Breastfeeding? Want to try a drug free alternative to medicated pain killers during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding? £250 JL voucher to be won for feedback. NOW CLOSED

(39 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-May-14 09:27:06

The UK's No. 1 selling freeze brand, Deep Freeze has asked us to find 500 Mumsnetters to test out their cooling Deep Freeze Pain Relief Cold Patches.

Deep Freeze Pain Relief Cold Patches provide drug free soothing pain relief from pregnancy related muscular back pain. Like an ice pack, but more convenient and easy to use, Deep Freeze Pain Relief Cold Patches work by cooling the skin and underlying tissue helping to reduce both pain and swelling.

Deep Freeze are especially looking for pregnant Mumsnetters, or those currently breastfeeding who would prefer not to take medicated painkillers.

Here's what Deep Freeze say: "Back pain affects three out of four pregnant women yet many are unaware of the risks of taking certain medication during pregnancy according to new research. But there is no need to grin and bear the aches and pains of pregnancy as just over half (55%) of women currently do."

They go on to say: "The cryotherapy (cold cooling pain relief therapy) provided by Deep Freeze Pain Relief Cold Patch provides fast acting, self-adhesive cooling pain relief to the affected area for up to 3 hours."

Everyone who's selected will receive a pack of 12 individual Deep Freeze Patches and will be required to test them out over the next couple of weeks, provide feedback on our site and also via a short survey which will be emailed to all testers.

Everyone who tests the product and adds feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw to win £250 worth of John Lewis vouchers.
This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters who are pregnant or currently breastfeeding or who have another particular reason for wanting to avoid medicated painkillers.

Please note your feedback and comments may be used by the team at Deep Freeze on social media and elsewhere. New pregnancy symptoms, including backache, should always be discussed with your doctor or midwife.

If you'd like to take part, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ
T&Cs for prize draw here

dobedobedo Fri 20-Jun-14 22:28:14

Signed up! grin

ChaffinchOfDoom Wed 25-Jun-14 20:57:20

wonder when they'll choose this, my back is murderous

startwig1982 Fri 27-Jun-14 19:32:18

34 weeks pregnant and really suffering with back pain! Would really like to try these.

SweetPeaPods Sun 29-Jun-14 20:10:53

MN any idea when this will close?

LabMonkey Sun 29-Jun-14 20:55:11

Signed up, only at the start of this pregnancy but my back's still buggered from when I was pregnant with DD (now 3)!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Jul-14 13:14:22

Hi - have now closed this one off - we pulled out the first batch of folks who should be receiving the patches asap and will now sort the remaining testers. I will email you necessary links for feedback etc. thanks

ditzykat Fri 04-Jul-14 13:03:33

Received mine today. Looking forward to trying them out!

SweetPeaPods Fri 04-Jul-14 20:26:03

Mine came today too. Thank you MN smile

Mummytobeforthefirsttime Fri 04-Jul-14 21:15:23

Hi! I got mine today too!

noeyedeer Sat 05-Jul-14 21:52:56

Mine arrived yesterday and using first one now. Big thank you to MN, first time I've been comfy all day!

I've used mine twice already! (I cheated and used one on my shoulder though - referred pain from my section scar I think, bloody hurts when DD kicks it!) When will the feedback thread be up?

I just realised how that sounded - the kicking DD I'm referring to is the one I'm pregnant with! I do not allow my children to kick anyone blush

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Jul-14 14:34:22

Feedback thread now live here thanks

dobedobedo Thu 10-Jul-14 20:06:20

Got my email, just waiting on the post now!
So looking forward to trying these. Carrying a heavy baby about with a sore back is, well, sore!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now