This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Mumsnetters needed to test Lindam safety gates - £250 John Lewis voucher to be won for feedback NOW CLOSED

(77 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-May-14 10:21:21

Lindam are looking for 50 Mumsnetters to test out their Extending White Metal Safety Gate and/or their Easy Fit Deluxe gate.

Here’s what Matthew Wilson, Munchkin Lindam Marketing Director EMEA and dad of two says “Safety is absolutely paramount for any parent and in fact, latest research by Which? has found safety to be a top priority for new mothers and fathers. Research findings showed that safety gates are the most popular and useful products for new families – and in the run up to Child Safety Week (23rd-29th June) we’re really keen to raise awareness of just how important safety gates are, and which ones are best for each individual families’ needs.

‘Finding the right gate can be overwhelming but there really is something for everyone. Pressure Fit or Wall fix are available to fit a range of openings. Gates also have a range of handles and closing mechanisms depending on your requirements. From a Pressure Fit option such as Easy Fit Plus Deluxe™ to the top of the range Wall Fix NUMI Aluminium Extending Safety Gate, safety, quality and value are key for all gates and each now comes with a lifetime guarantee.’

For further information, and to see the wider Lindam range, please visit www.lindam.com"

Those selected will be sent either:
-One Easy Fit Deluxe Gate and one Extending White Metal Safety Gate (worth £44 in total)
OR
-Two Easy Fit Deluxe Gates (worth £48 in total)
This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one baby or toddler.

The 50 chosen MNers will need to be:
- Available to receive the gates, and willing to test it over one week (19-26th May). Please only apply if you're available during this time.
- Able to leave feedback on the feedback thread during the testing period. You'll also be asked to add a review to the stairgate review section on MN.

Everyone who takes part in the product test and leaves their feedback as requested will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 John Lewis voucher.

If you’re interested in taking part please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

mjmooseface Tue 13-May-14 17:01:58

I am amazed that some people's 15 month olds (And someone's 10 month old) have worked out how to open a stair gate or pull it off the wall?! I can't even pull ours off the wall and it's a pressure fit lol Am I really weak or are these kids getting freakishly strong and clever?! :/ Or are they are becoming wise to our ways of restraining them??? Dun Dun Duuuuuun!

PurplePidjin Tue 13-May-14 17:35:37

The basic Lindam one we had was just a couple of bolts that fitted into cups screwed into the wall. Every time you lifted it, the nuts would get slightly loose and the gate would gradually get easier to open over the course of a day or two. Ds figured it out at 16ish months. As a busy parent, I don't have the time or headspace to check something like that - and get in there with a spanner - every day!

Luckily I use it to keep him in the living room while I get on with other things. I don't leave him there for more than the time it takes to use the bathroom or put a few bits of washing away. But I still don't want him legging it towards the stairs or cat litter whenever he likes hmm

WetDogLovesHubert Tue 13-May-14 21:59:56

Pretty please! My 9mo is bloody strong and could do with penning in. I need to install some gates; it would be nice to leave her in a room once in a blue moon, without worrying she'll fall down the stairs!

AMillionNameChangesLater Tue 13-May-14 22:28:04

MNHQ I can provide pictures to accompany my rambling reasons why I'd like to try it out if that helps?

SaltySeaBird Tue 13-May-14 22:28:53

Mine couldn't pull it off the wall but is pretty dexterous for her age and put hours and hours of time into trying to work it out. I think the issue is that the Deluxe gate doesn't require you to lift it as you open it (she hasn't managed that on friends gates). Once she worked out how to get the handle lever up she was away.

I do mean hours and hours of studying and trying it though, I maybe should have stopped her but it gave me so much peace and quiet ... And I never thought she would actually work it out.

crimsonwitch Tue 13-May-14 22:29:42

Hope I get picked. My Ds is 12 months and super fast at crawling. He is just starting to pull himself up on the furniture, I have to have eyes in the back of my head!

happeapea Wed 14-May-14 12:45:25

Looks good smile

judypoops Wed 14-May-14 12:50:22

Signed up! Hopefully this will contain our little monkey!

judypoops Wed 14-May-14 12:52:16

Ds1 was known for pulling these easily off the walls (different brand obviously!) so I'd like to see how ds2 gets on with them!

RaisinGirls Wed 14-May-14 13:10:59

Yes please. Have a new baby and two dogs I need to keep safely and securely apart

Lizzie568 Thu 15-May-14 13:48:54

Have signed up! We are moving from a flat, to a house with 2 sets of very narrow steep stairs so we'll be needing gates for the first time. Would love to take part.

ilovemonstersInc Thu 15-May-14 14:06:32

mnhq when do we find out?

NotMrsTumble Thu 15-May-14 14:13:34

Done. Our 13 month old has just mastered walking and is eyeing up the stairs with glee...

SmileAndNod Thu 15-May-14 14:27:38

Have everything crossed now... just caught dd three stairs up shock

crazykat Thu 15-May-14 15:02:35

When do we find out who has been picked?

gallicgirl Thu 15-May-14 22:53:52

Done.

Now just need someone to invent a baby gate that fits odd gaps and can cope with less than 4 pressure points.

NipLash Thu 15-May-14 23:05:01

We have an awkward gap, and an escapologist toddler, so I'd love to try some different gates and see if they solve our problems!

Same my toddler can walk up and down the stairs now no problem, as a normal stargate or extending one doesn't fit my stairs and would of been interesting to see if these were any different. xx good luck everyone who has applied!

natashajayne Fri 16-May-14 17:37:57

I would love to be apart of this, I have a boy aged 4, A girl aged 1 and a new baby, My eldest loves a challenge and the baby gates he have he has manage to figure them out and escape. I product test for <b>bzzagent</b>smile

Spotsondots Fri 16-May-14 21:59:15

Fingers crossed. My 8 month old is pulling to stand and trying to walk. Sit down, I'm not ready yet!!!

PartyConfused Sat 17-May-14 14:47:48

Done!
Am at that stage again, of needing some way of penning them in. Them being dd1 (4) dd2 (1) and 2 rather large and naughty dogs.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Sat 17-May-14 16:09:04

I would have liked to see them bring back their taller safety gates (although I suspect they were marketed more as dog gates than child gates). Harder to climb over and very good. We also had their alarmed gate for quite some time as well. Definitely both good products that were near to impossible to find 6-12 months ago when I went to replace the ones we had. Such a shame.

pencilcase11 Sat 17-May-14 17:48:41

Ok

HorseyGirl1 Sat 17-May-14 17:59:27

This would be great for us... no money and a mountain goat toddler!

MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-May-14 11:24:57

Thanks to everyone who's signed up for this product test. Recruitment has now closed and we'll be in touch with the selected testers shortly! smile

Thanks,
MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now